View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tolbald
Footman

re: T2 ToO

I have been asked to attempt to whip up some T2 requirements.

This task is not easy..

One of the best things to do.. to be prepared for T2, is to know and understand your class and the capabilities it can do. This can only be told and taught so far..

Familiarize yourself with the different class traits and what they do.

Combat awareness and situational awareness is also important. To gain this awareness of combat try a dynamic environment that is not scripted, IE the Moors. If your a clicker, I don't know what to say to help you out.. personally, I use my right hand on the mouse and left hand does most of my skills ect.. Take in the environment around you and the flash of the skills.. Don't get tunnel vision on any one thing.

Healers - a Moors raid can be a pain but you can get a feel for healing yourself and others in a dynamic unscripted situation.

DPS - in a moors raid you can and should learn how to Focus Fire and maximize your damage. This awareness will also extend to acquiring targets and finding them in a moving mass of freep and creep.

Tanks - a moors raid should help give a finer appreciation of finding NPCs and your healers, to make sure they are not dieing to NPC aggro.

T2 trash is common mitigation.. T2 Boss fights are tactical mitigation..

Virtues should be as high as possible. There are plenty of deeds to get your virtues up there.(It is not necessary in my opinion to top them off via store..)

For tanks and healers: another option for improving your tanking and healing awareness if a speed Foundry run. Tanks, in a speed Foundry you control the pace of the fight. You control the pulls.. Best time to pull is timing a Reactive. IE get a block response and Litany then Shield Taunt the next pull to make sure you have aggro. It is possible to pull two or more groups of mobs in a competent situation. When dealing with these multiple mobs, tanks it is wise to Shield Blow the DPS target when possible to build that Threat Over Time on the target. Also make sure you are physically moving in different places to Litany and Shield Taunt for maximizing aggro on multiple targets. This way your aggro skills will not be hitting only the same targets.

Healers - this conglomeration of mobs should help prepare for spike DMG and consistent DMG from T2 trash and boss fights.

_____

Otherwise:

GRD: Challenge, Litany, Shield Taunt, Challenge the Darkness will NOT break mez. Do not be afraid to use your aggro skills. Brave Heart (I believe) will give you reactives on use. This can be helpful to pick up mobs quickly.

Burg: If you have lockdown duty, more then likely you should be traited 5 gambler or 5 quiet knife (depending on your DPS playstyle) and have your mez and resistance traited. Burglars - your mez can be used on the move

LM: If your on Mez/Debuff duty, you will want to trait Force of Will. Ents is also another Burst DMG and Stun that will most likely be appreciated.

Hunter: DPS.. you need to be able to DPS.. and be aware of your aggro, if you get aggro, beneath notice and chill a lil maybe

Champ: On your LI Rune, get your Ebbing down to 1 minute.. Personally, I enjoy CBR, get a feel for CBR. Get a feel for the flow of combat. Gaining fervour pips that do not become used (ie above max fervour) is a waste of potential DPS. That is why, personally, I do not like Ferocious Strikes rotations.

Captain: Mark, mark, mark, marks.. Get your marks up quickly. Keep two class traited for that insta-mark. Also, in a Raid situation, you will probably be going IHW/LS, Oathies, and Fellowship Brother.

RK: Depending on what your doing in the raid.. be smart.. being able to move and not wake Mezzed targets a plus. Having a swap satchel with your Pre-Emptive Rez CD could turn out to be beneficial.

Mini: use your self-bubble for the induction knockback benefit

WRD: depending on your role.. be smart.. be aware of Conviction spam in Assailment

Gear:

GRD: ToO Laingarth set

Capt: full Galtrev for revealing mark bonus or ToO

Champion: ToO Delualogos set

Burglar: Depending if you are a Gambler or a Stabber.. Cabeddan or Dinhigil set respectively

WRD: I dunno fer joo

Hunter: ToO - depending on playstyle - mix match, or full ToO

LM: depending on playstyle - ToO (more then likely Amaruith or Iordur)

RK: depending on playstyle - ToO

Mini: either full Gatrev or ToO

It is also wise, in my opinion, to have the three-piece Jewelry from the Stangard and LG rep..

IE, burgs/hunters - agi set
champs - Phys Mastery set
Capt - Tact Mastery/might set
RK, LM, Mini - Sage set

DISCLAIMER: This is not a fully fleshed post full of wisdom and musts
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Perhaps a mention of the tac mitigation levels might be a good idea.

For a mini it caps at 40% and we need all this so we dont get hit quite so hard. Happy

For a tank is it 70% cap please correct me if i am wrong and for a medium armour it is 50% this i am not real sure on.

Those going in for T2 should have these close to cap if not capped?
Brumnly
Master Guardsman

TY Tol,
I'm sure this will help out a good deal.
Happy

Tolbald
Footman

Here is a link to compare armour sets.. hunters - this should explain why ToO >> Galtrev

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkAfY_yVZ7_edHlwZ1JpeFVSOHVheVpGQm15SjVVYlE#gid=10
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Thanks Tol that link is awesome and thanks for taking the time to look at all this really appreciate it. Happy
Etheric
Footman

Thanks for your post Tol, it's very helpful.

One observation though, about your recommendation on Minnies getting the sage set from Limlight Gorge rep. I dunno about other classes, but AFAIK neither the Mender's set nor the Sage set give as much will, vit, raw morale, tactical crit,tactical mit and/or ICPR, etc than most of the crafted Great River critted jewellery and T2 foundry/t2 Isen 3-man drops. Or at least (dunno about other minnies/LMs/RKs) given MY current setup, slotting even the Sage or Mender pocket items alone would hit my vit, raw morale, and even tactical mitigation ( I have tactical mit pocket item). So, depending on your setup I think that these sets are good to have only for their clickies, not for their stats alone.

However, even if you get them just for the clickies, you would probably need to somehow macro the the whole jewellery swapping in order to make it useful on hectic fights such as Saruman. On the days of the moria/DN endgame, when the Lothlorien jewellery set for healers was worth having due to its outgoing healing clicky, it was easier cuz u only needed to swap one item to get the clicky (one outta two items was actually good to have slotted always). But you really cant afford to take the time to swap three pieces of jewellery and back in the middle of healing hungry fights....

Even if you do, I would argue that the Mender's clicky is far more useful than the Sage's. Having 5% more chance to crit a heal is not as useful as being able to pop a couple of bolster courages almost instantly. Here's how i see the scenario:

Your tank has all (or most of) the clones on him. He's about to die. You have anthem of the third age up (-25% healing induction) and have the -10% healing induction trait. But still, spammin bolster courage on him wont do. So u pop chord of salvation, press a macro that would swap the mender set in+pop the clicky+ swap back to your usual jewellery, fire a couple of bolster courages, cast coda, chord of salvation again. Voila! in just a few seconds you topped (or almost topped) your tank.

Now, please mind you, this is ALL THEORETICAL. I haven't tried this ... yet. But It may be worth giving a shot. What you guys think? Is it viable?

Now onto finding out how to set up such a macro (i have no idea how to) .....
Chas101
Footman

Etheric wrote:
One observation though, about your recommendation on Minnies getting the sage set from Limlight Gorge rep. I dunno about other classes, but AFAIK neither the Mender's set nor the Sage set give as much will,

Slight correction: both sets actually give more will than is otherwise possible with alternate combinations in those slots. While I don't advise any healer to stack mastery over the 50% ogh cap, this does allow a lot more flexibility with your other equipment slots/relics/titles/stat legacies/food choice etc.

Both pocket clickies are pretty underwhelming and require the item equipped for 5min before use, so forget the macro. Anyway I chose sage over menders just for the crit rating(tact mit was capped a long time ago). Work on capping your tact mit, then capping your ogh, then work on what you want. (Eth you're more than welcome to inspect my mini for ideas anytime you want - please ask)

In your hypothetical Id probably coda->insta-bolster->chord->CoC->(then if needed)3rd age->coda->insta-bolster and probably pray the tank doesn't drop from full health to death in the time it takes me to get ballads up a third time.

Side note for cappies: please trait your last stand and your rez.(no one likes popping up on an electrified tile with only 15% of their health)

~Chas
Etheric
Footman

Hi Chas!

Being it as it may that the Mender's set give heaps of Will, given my current setup equipping it takes away a big chunk of vitality, raw morale and ICPR. With my current setup I already have 1750ish Will unbuffed, 39.7%tactical mit unbuffed,and can reach a maximum of 9800 ish morale fully buffed (food, hope token, cappie buffs), etc. So that is why i wrote in my previous post that considering my current setup, none of the LL jewellery sets. If they had more vit and/or raw morale, i would go for them as you never can have enough of those.

I have made some calculations and it seems that only Saruman's wizard cloak would mean an improvement on my setup, as even Driagoch's cloak would take some morale away from me. Laerur, although nice to have, would also take away lotsa morale from me.

Didn't know about the requisite of having them equipped for 5 mins in order to be able to use the clicky. If so my macro theory is moot, sadly :-(.

Last edited by Etheric on 2012/06/08 5:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

I also went with the sage set because my crit rating needed a boost now that is better and close to 20 %.

Personally I dont stick to 1 setup I change my jewellery around to suit different situations and I have never looked at icmr as a mini so I found that interesting. I do look at icpr but not so much now I can play ballads to give me power that also increases my ogh. Once we get to 50% Tac. Mast. (ogh) anything else is a waste so I sit at 48% unbuffed and slightly over 50% buffed and my Tac Mit sits at 37% ( and something cant remember ) and buffed is capped. I eat vit food if in Saruman and Will food if in other instances if I have changed to a Vit build or fate if needed for speed runs.

I mess with my stuff alot an inspect loads of minis to see what they are doing. Everytime I do look I learn something new then I ask that mini why they have that set up. I wont ever be finished on my mini and I want your first age Chas . Was looking at it last week. Happy
Etheric
Footman

Yes, Chas' first age is yummy! I want one too.

I actually meant ICPR, not ICMR, my mistake on the post, just edited it. AotFPs gives enough ICMR
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern Cross Forum Index -> Raid Info All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: