View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

re: LI's for a Guardian - What should i be looking for?

Ok all you experienced guards out there what are the items i should be looking for on my weapon and then belt? And which of the relics are good for a guard. I am nearly 65 and working on traits also which are the best traits as well?

Thanking you in advance Andi Happy
Puddles404
Esquire

re: LI's for a Guardian - What should i be looking for?

Bit delayed, and some of the info may be out of date, but i can give you a rough guide.

1hander - AoE Targets, TTK damage, Stamp CD. Anything else is really up to you. Sweeping Cut and Vexing Blow damage+% are both good, as is Whirling Retaliation damage+%.

2hander - Depends on the type of weapon you want to end up with, but Bleed Pulses and Bleed Damage are good. Overpower Cost is a MUST. TTK Damage, Brutal Assault Damage, Stagger Crit also good but not as nessecary. AoE Targets is useful to have as well.

Belt - So many. So very many. Threat+ is a no-brainer. Cry Resist is a good one, but then so are Challenge targets, CaB CD, Ward Block/Parry (good ones to get for no other reason than unspent they still give you something to your B/P). Shied Damage is great, with some points in there and Shield Use you can net crits of up around 2.5k on the Shield Reactives. Shield Smash damage is nice, but considering it's only effecting one damage source compared with Shield Damage, it's probably not worth it. There is a B/P for Guardian's Threat if you ever use that stance, but personally I have never used it and never seen a need to use it.

Any other questions, comments, abuse about the incorrectness of my suggestions?

Jump to: