View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malandan
Valandan
Master Guardsman

re: Friday and Saturday "EM" BG Runs - Understanding t

Well, I'm sitting at home today with a case of the flu that I hope doesn't get any worse and ends up keeping me from leading the run tonight. I'm very bored so I thought this might be a good time to explain my procedure in choosing people who have signed up for the run on Friday Night USA EST so everyone understands how I make these sometimes difficult decisions. Inclusion is based on who signed up first in many cases, but other considerations are often given higher priority to include. This should help clear up any confusion that may exist.

I typically confirm signups in this order of preference before the day of the run.

1. People who have never been.
2. Non HM participants who were signed up for the previous week but didnt get in.
3. One co-leader from the HM participants to help keep up with any changes made by the HM group. (Koga, Tayzar, Snoop, others...)

The day of the run, approximately 8-12 hours before start time, these next considerations are confirmed:

1. People who may have went last week but haven't been part of the HM runs.
2. People who may have went last week and occasionally attend the HM runs
3. Whom ever is left to fill open positions including regular HM participants.

If you signed up but were not confirmed for a position prior to the run, please make yourselves available during the advertised invite and start times in case someone has to cancel or doesn't show up. Sign ups will always have priority in these instances.

Saturday Night run:

Saturday nights run is a continuation of the Friday night run. All confirmed signups get first priority since they earned any raid locks in place. Second priority is for those who signed up and didnt make it in the raid on Friday. Then we ask in open kin chat to fill any other open positions. The time frames are the same as the Friday night advertised times.

Some things to remember and some things you can do as a participant:

Keep a regular eye on the raider, especially a few hours before the raid. Many of you have noticed that I will put notes on your sign up. This is to let you know where I feel you stand in regards to consideration for the run. This allows plenty of time for you to "protest" if you feel the least bit slighted or you feel I have missed something that should be considered.

Sign up for the position you prefer to fill. If you want to heal sign up your mini, If you prefer to pew pew sign up your hunter. But please note your other capable alts when you sign up. This helps me move somone around if necessary to include someone who hasn't had a chance to go yet. I can change your role and confirm you to a different position if necessary to fill all positions, I won't do this until the day of the raid unless I have spoken to you prior.

Sign up as early as possible, the raider lists people in the order they signed up so we always know who signed up first for a position. This is often a major part of the consideration and should be understood. Also it should be understood that because you were first to sign up doesn't mean you get consideration over somone who hasn't gone or missed the previous week if you did happen to go the previous week.

If you are confirmed and it is determined later that you can't go, even if this is a few hours prior, you can go to the raider and change your signup to "Not Available" via the icons supplied. If you don't know about these icons or how to use these icons, please refer to the sticky post on "Raider Use" in this Raid Info sub-forum. This should be a must read for all who want to raid in SC.

I try to start invites 15 minutes prior to advertised start time. Please be available between the advertised invite time and advertised start time. At 1 minute past start time I will put someone on standby as a replacement for a no-show, at 10 minutes past start time I will invite the replacement and the raid will proceed. We all understand things happen, but multiple no-shows will eventually be met with non-inclusion. I also will not consider the no-show a priority for the following week since I feel they squandered their opportunity and held up their Kinnie's fun.

We are doing ok on sign ups for most classes, however there seems to be a shortage of RK's, Burgs, and Guards signing up so far. Any Rk's that want to raid are encouraged to sign up. We have positions for a heal traited RK and DPS RK in each run. We also seem to be short on Burg interest. Everyone is encouraged to sign up, don't feel like you'll never get in, our gear and virtue requirements aren't as detailed as the HM group. Some traits may be required however. And seriously, we don't care if you've never raided before wink

I think this is as fair as I can make it in order to allow as many people as possible the chance to run BG on a fairly regular basis. If you feel I 'm leaving out a consideration for inclusion, or if you have questions, feel free to reply here.

I also want to say that I appreciate everyone's cooperation thus far, I think things have gone very well with the new raid system. Everything new takes a bit of getting used too and all new systems will take a little time to mature...

Have fun and be great to each other!

Mal
Kogadan

Well since i have a few min between meetings and saw this post I thought I'd make a few comments.

The thing to remember is this run has to goals. The first is to teach newer members how to do BG, but it is also to be doing HM, there is no reason to do easy mode kills in BG...

On this note, in order to succeed at both of these goals, we need to have a base core of 6-8 members (prob from a larger set) of players who are experienced w/ BG and know the run. We all saw for months what happens w/ HM kills when we have tons of first timers in the run, and it is not fun.

The last thing that you did not mention, is the ladder. If you plan to move people around from class to class, you NEED to consider the ladder positions. Just like the main group, if your at position 1 2 3 you will be getting loot (unless you passing on all) and you need to be on the class you want loot for for that run or you are unable to loot. main group does top 5 spots when doing just durchest and twins, so we sould be doing at least top 3

Master Guardsman

I'm fine with the consideration of the top ladder positions getting choice of roles/classes to not need to worry about being switched. However, I am not looting anything currently, and if I understand correctly neither are you until we do HM Lt... Nuf said for now since neither group has succeeded in that cause. We can discuss the preference system after this run.

We will always go in with the goal of HM success.
Narnian

Val, thanks for clarifying all this. We all know where we stand, and that's a good thing.

Great job Mal, thank you. And i know how hard it is dont worry and I think its wonderful how you have taken this on.

I hope your flu gets better hugs and kisses well not to many kisses i dont want it.
Vilmer

Thanks Mal

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: