View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tayzar
Esquire

re: Warden Traits and Discussion.

Hey all and welcome to the wonderful world of different tanking. And to be quite honest can be much harder than being a guard.

There are lots of ways to run your warden. I run mine more in a tanking stance, because typically that is what we are suppose to do. I myself am not rad ready for anything, but I will discuss some of the tanking traits that help me out a lot.

I run Valour, Justice, Loyalty, Empathy, and Idealism for my traits.

Force of Personality, Master of the Fist, Master of the shield, Strong Voice, Deadly Insult, Ward of Justice, and A keen Response. These are the class traits I run.

Legandary traits I run are Defiant Challenge, Way of the Fist, and Way of the Warden.

LIs your looking for have War Cry Threat Up, Piercing Strike threat up, and Excultation of Battle Threat Up, which are all great to have for tanking.
For the Javalin typically stuff for healing especially for Conviction as the higher that is you still pull more aggro.

Hope this helped this is how I run mine, and everyone runs them differently, so if you have another way please post Happy

BTW I may be Tayzar the Minstrel, but I am also Burkhard the Warden Happy
Narnian

Aeleon is my 57 warden and I do love the versatility of the class. It may take a second or two to build aggro but the Warden can work groups of mobs or tank one while the group is off somewhere else. Self heal, group heals, damage, threat generation, you name it, the Warden has a tool for every job in his tool box.

If you see someone walking down the street mumbling "red green red green, yellow red green.." etc. that person is definitely a Warden!

Hey guys its Nol and my warden is Odiseus which use better bloody well know by now but i figured i shouldn't be lazy and give some insight (whatever i have that is) as i have also noticed that their are more and more people rolling wardens and they can be a rather complex and confusing class to work out but also the most frikin fun Happy.

Tay has already given you a good rundown of a good warden but there r many ways to play and trait them and just thought i'd share my setup to also see if it helps anyone who may be a bit confused, as i run with a slighty different setup.

My virtues are , Justice, Discipline, Loyalty, Valour and Innocence and depending on the circumstance i swap around with Determination and Honesty

The Capstones for a warden are also important cause if u wanna be effective in ur grp whether it b tanking, dps, or leeching and bleeding like a crazy person then u will wanna hav these.

So your 3 capstones are WAY OF THE SHIELD, WAY OF THE FIST AND WAY OF THE SPEAR wen im tanking in raids or tanking in general i run way of the shield as it bumps up ur defences and mitigations alottttt and allows u to be alot more versatile with ur fight style it also makes u the most uber solo class everrrrr . but for random stuff like killing kinnies in moors i run way of the spear just to make sure that javelin really sticks in there. I rarely run way of the fist but if anyone says to u wardens cant build agro trait that go crazy and rub there face in the fact ur dead cause u had 20 mobs on u that they couldnt pull off u

last thing cause i hate typing is Legendary traits , I run Grand Master Weapons training, Way of the Warden (tanking) - Javelin Of Deadly Force (DPS) and then the capstone (again depending on wat im doing Happy
now there are sooooo many more things i could go on with like LI's and such and certain moves and techniques but id b here forever casue like i said rather complex but also very fun so give it a try and if u hav any questions dont hesitate to ask me ingame and feel free to ignore me to cause wardens are a very play it the way it suits u class as well Happy
Jasmijn01

Who the hell is Odiseus?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern Cross Forum Index -> Warden All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: