View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kogadan

re: The Preference system - Comments

Well since we can not post our comments in the main post due to posting rights and it has not been moved to a spot where we can, I'm making a new thread to post a few comments.

The first thing is timing related, ie when you need to state your class when you have preference, and the following time line for invites for the run and such. (see my post in communication post for details.

The second is atm the reason for the HM group is not loot, but to get the strats down, so i do not see a reason the preference should go to the top 5 but only the top 2 or 3 for now. in a few weeks once we have started rotating more people in and the ladder gets bigger then move it up to 4 or 5.

A third thing is as Sniff stated is that if say two of the people chose hunter then the dps slots are full and there is no champ in the group this week. lets say this happend this week, i'm 12 on the ladder atm and the champ, well sucks for me i dont get to have BG HM fun this week unless sniff asked me to use one of my other BG HM ready toons. (lets say he does not or if i only had my 1) the next week this same thing can happen (and yes i'm still 12 on the ladder as your position does not change if your not in the raid) and the champ gets left out again. this could happen and will likely happen when we have more people in the ladder. thus i suggest that anyone who would have been in the run if not for changes to the preference system be given priority for the next run (not get to chose class but get into the run) this would be another reason why maybe 5 is too many for the preference. Another thing that i can think of would be the person who is left out ONLY due to the preference system gets included in the active set of the ladder so they move up and get closer to coming in, but i'm not sure if i even like that idea as you move up without helping (by force of a system not just not coming)

The last thing is that the preference can be used if looking for rad or rare jewelry (5 spots but only know we will get 4 rad parts atm) and if you use your preference and do not loot something do you get to use it again the next week? if your waiting for jewelry you might be waiting for months depending on drops, and if your holding a spot (specifically one where there is only room for 1 of that class) for more then 1-2 weeks that is not fair to others.

Well i think that's all i have for now, but either way i need to run or i'll be late for a Lab meeting...

Koga

Jump to: