View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malandan
Valandan
Master Guardsman

re: Rift Run and Website Raider Signup Test 1/19/2011

I have posted a Rift Raid for next Wednesday night at 8pm server time. We will go as far as we can and if everyone wants to we can come back and finish the Balrog on Thursday if we don't finish it all in one night.

Prmary goals of this raid is a sign up test for our websites raider, but also a fun run for the vets, and a training run for the less experienced. We will treat this like we are all level 50's again and give out good instructions to see who has learned control of their toons, needs help with setups (traits or UI), and follows directions well.

The raid is posted on the calendar for 1/19/2011, any signups not filled we will fill from those available. It is imperative that you signup on the raider and not simply hope to get in at invite time.

Also:
Even if you don't want to go, don't intend to go, hate the Rift, whateva... Please still go to the calendar, sign up as tentative/unavailable, make signup notes, anything you can find relating to this raid and give us your feedback on that experience. Please make notes on your experience with the website's raider. We need feedback please. I will start another thread for questions and comments on the raider signup and functions. Transfer your notes there, we want to hear your opinions, Good or Bad.
Isofir
Officer
Sergeant of the Guard

I signed up as tentative. Pretty easy and straight-forward.
Malandan
Valandan
Master Guardsman

Isofir...
Now sign up with your RK for one of the Healing roles. Let us know the outcome please...
Isofir
Officer
Sergeant of the Guard

Interesting...I signed up RK but saw no way to make it a healing class other than by the note. As an officer I can change the raid makeup to include RK as a healer, or raid leader can after the post thru the group detail link (or can everyone change that?).

It may be something you will just need to watch for if calling for an RK healer, or say, calling for a tank, since there are 2 tank classes. Tried it as a WRD and it put me the healing group. I then made him unavailable.
Malandan
Valandan
Master Guardsman

Isofir wrote:
Interesting...I signed up RK but saw no way to make it a healing class other than by the note. As an officer I can change the raid makeup to include RK as a healer, or raid leader can after the post thru the group detail link (or can everyone change that?).

It may be something you will just need to watch for if calling for an RK healer, or say, calling for a tank, since there are 2 tank classes. Tried it as a WRD and it put me the healing group. I then made him unavailable.

I set the healers up as a "role" rather than a "class". You will need to sign up for the role, "Healer". I found it odd your Warden made it into the "Healers" role, I didn't expect that outcome. However, what I did expect is this...You were able to sign up two characters for the raid. I had already accepted your Captain for a Captain class spot prior to asking you to sign up your RK. I see this as being a potentially HUGE problem if people can sign up multiple toons for one raid.

Also while doing that last night I saw two other toons signed up for more than one role/class. Same toons signed up for more than one position in those 2 instances. I don't think the players realized that had happened. The system seems to be pretty buggy at this point if it is allowing someone to sign the same toon up for two different spots, and also allows two or more toons to be signed up by the same person. The website "knows" which toons are your via your login as long as you have "claimed" all your toons. It should not allow anyone to sign up two toons to the same raid, it should show an error or at least a pop-up flag of some sort.

These problems could end up causing major issues. Sure, we can say "raid leader soinso" can remove multiple sign ups, but here are the issues with this:

1. The wrong toon and/or class role that the person wants to play could be removed by mistake.

2. Someone else who is signing up properly may miss out on a spot waiting for the role/class position to be deleted costing them a spot in the raid.

3. If this sytem is allowing these problems to occur, I feel pretty certain that it will also allow characters of too low a level to be able to sign up also costing someone a spot in the raid.

What I am trying to do is to isolate the issues between our Kin raid system and member expectations and then figure out how to overcome them. We don't need to be discovering these things as we go....
Jasmijn01

As raidleader, and everyone else too, we can see which toon belongs to whom. And sometimes it's good to know that people have alts they can bring too, so that if they sign up as 1 of the first 11 signing up, they have a bigger chance to go. That doesn't mean that others can't and/or shouldn't sign up either.

What I'm trying to describe is this situation:
We're doing BG, which has a pretty narrow class restriction going on.
Mag signs up with his hunter
Sad signs up with his captain
We have 2 others signing up as captain
We have 1 sign up with healer
We have 2 others sign up with hunter.
No one signs up as tank
We have 1 burg sign up (Say that's me as the raidleader)
We have 1 LM sig up
We have 2 Rks sign up

Here, I know, because I know sad and mag, that I could ask Mag to go as healer, and Sad to go as tank, so that we solve a problem there. However, someone else might not know this, and feel like they should leave people out that signed up relatively early, and then ask in kinchat for people to fill up spots.

Knowing what alts people have available and ready for that raid is a good thing more than a bad thing.
Malandan
Valandan
Master Guardsman

Why should any raid leader, unless someone doesn't show or has to cancel, have to rearrange the group makeup? Raid leaders can set up the raid sign ups for the makeup they want to see and allow the Kin to sign up for those available spots. If their class/role is filled for that raid then they can sign up a qualified alt for another class/role position or opt for 1st inclusion in the following weeks raid in the position they prefer.

You can know who their alts are by them entering that info into their note on the raid signups, they don't need to sign up for multiple roles to accomplish this. Yes it is nice to know who their alts are but signing them all up isnt the answer.
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Val shouldnt players claim their toons before they attempt to sign up?

Officers do have an advantage in they can do a lot of stuff. It is a lot for officers to look at but for non officers it should be straight forward. I have had a few plays with it and am still trying to understand all that we can do.
Kogadan

The thing to remember with most all runs currently is that we now have ladders for any raids where loot will be wanted, thus making the switching of toons easier as you still move up slots and if your in position to get loot you know it and can not switch and possibly wait till the next week.

If you signed up for a raid it means that you want to go, and ultimately you want to complete the run, so if you have multiple toons and have them all raid ready you sould be willing to use any of them on any given night for the best chance at a successful run. As you do this for others to get loot you can also expect that others will do the same on latter runs to get the setup we want to have the best success at getting the raid done.

Now when people sign up they sould look at what is needed and who has already signed up and chose thier class they sign up with based upon what is needed and who had already signed up to make the job of the raid leader easyer. in this situation they can put in a comment other clases they can bring and also maybe that they prefer to use one of them but those slots seemed to be filled or something along those lines. if this is done if everyone shows up it is likely that everyone can get in on thier signed up class without the leader needing to do much switching around. What i can say is with a kin of this size it it likely that most times there wil be more then 12 signed up and the first 12 will not make the setup that is wanted and it will then be up to the leader to have people who signed up switch to other alts, or go to a who can come from kin to fill out the needed spots.

@ Andi's comment. yes as soon as players sign up they sould claim there toons so they can actually sign up with them. if they do not show in the kin roster they can also manually add a toon by inputting the name server and class and level and it will be added and they can then sign up with the toon

Jump to: