View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abusaad
Officer
Guardsman

re: T2 Raid Notes

For Gondor!!

Just wanted to point out a few baseline numbers to all that have been participating or bother to read forum posts.

ok so we should all know T2 mitigations  for light 62160, medium 70,618 and heavy armor 77,840.  Keep in mind that tactical mitigations are only needed for Boss 2. 

230-240 light is all you need.

these numbers are attained easily through armor and jewelry, virtues, legendary relics and at least TEAL essences.

From what ive seen, we are coming into to raid under geared.  You can easily complete this raid with item level 330 gear with TEAL essences.

230-240 light is all you need.  If you have items like gold mathom, big battle or landscape jewelry, use it if it makes sense.

A Teal 2 essence slot item is typically always better than a purple 1 essence slot item.

Tanks, Minstrels, Lore masters, Champs and Burgs could also use pelinor and osgiliath armor and jewelry which have 4 and 3 essences slots. 

This will allow you to achieve higher morale pools which makes things a bit easier for our Minstrels.

These items may be useful for Rune Keepers and Hunters, however i have yet to see a build using them.

everything stat wise is achievable within the usual grind.

My personal opinion is if you're not trying to bring your toon into raid better the next week, then you're essentially wasting the time of the other 11 in raid.

T1 is very forgiving so its great to bring alts.  But for T2 we need your best.

For Gondor

note: these numbers are based on opinions and chatting with people that have completed the raid or have played certain classes for a long time.

Guards and Tanking captains

140k unbuffed for guards, 180k unbuffed for a tanking captain.  This can be achieved without GOLD essences.

60-70k finesse

All other stats are taken care of thru your armor except for evade and incoming healing.

the more morale you have means that a healer has room for oh-%#% and/or errors.

Hunters and Runekeepers

65k morale unbuffed or more

28.5% critical rating or more 

200k mastery or more

22% finesse

Hey wake up!!! stand in the captain banner for +30% damage.

Do what youre there for. Follow target and you may get healed. 

Minstrels

80k morale unbuffed or more

29% critical rating or more

70-80% outgoing healing

Stay Calm and yell at the tank if stuff is hitting you. Know maximum distance of your skills.  Triumphant Spirit is 20 meters not 3 meters.  

Lore master

160k finesse to ensure your debuffs do not miss

Water lore and high morale should keep you self sufficient, make your self useful.

Champs and Burgs 

27% critical rating or more

21% finesse or more

In this current raid, these classes are not in the raid for their glamorous dps but for debuffs and crowd control.

Best for these classes to come in at higher morale, apply their debuffs and/or crowd control and stay out of trouble.  You are melee lore masters now.

many mobs in this raid explode and do lots of area damage. 

Melee classes, healers and LM need to be mindful. 

If a minstrel has to concentrate on healing you, we could lose a tank or healer.

Great Raid make up

Group 1

1 Guard

1 Tanking Captain

2 Minstrels

1 Lore Master

1 Burglar

Group 2

1 Red Captain

5 DPS classes preferably Hunters and RKs

During the clear, 1 dps can be swapped for 1 minstrel.  Then swapped back for Boss 1.

For Gondor

Abusaad
Officer
Guardsman

great job on T2 boss 1.  Big thanks to Allid (Somewhat) for you advice and guidance.

DW and Anthe please stay vocal on how we go about things.  You experience is vital to our success.

I want to point out a few observations. If i missed something please add it.

#1 Communication.

During the fights there is too much non-raid related chatter or talk of things that can wait.

I dont want people to not have fun but there needs to be a limit.

Please keep your comments brief, concise and relative.

Doing so will help prevent key details from being missed.

i.e. HEAL ME!!!!

#2 Focus Fire

A target will fall quickly if all dps is on target.

there were a few times when our target assist died and nobody took over with talking us thru that piece. 

the captains mark should be on the dps target, the heals from attacks help healers when chaos erupts.  I failed to ensure it was up and nobody got on my case about it.

#3 Mitigations

The only bosses that you need to have Tactical Mitigation for is Boss 2.  everyone should have swap bits.  You can just use 330 pocket and necklace and maybe one other slotted essence.

DPS classes should be swapping tactical mits for Mastery.  That will drop your mastery from ~200k to ~180k.  Cant DPS while youre dead.  Which brings me to...

#4  Positioning

On Boss 1 knowing whats around you is crucial.  a burrowed ghost can kill you with 5-6 attacks so if you see that happening, say something.

Jeb did an excellent job calling out ghost where he was tanking so himself and the melee classes could get out of the way.

The Spider side boss will sometimes get stuck on the wall because it bee lines for whomever has agro.  initially its on the tank then it goes for a healer.  if our position is good, it keeps it out of the fight for some time.  Thats kind of exploit-ish but beneficial.  If it does come into group please scream at your local tank.

With the size of the side bosses, they block the view of the tank.  One thing that seemed to help with that was the tanks splitting up the side bosses.

On the last pull before Boss 1, all need to make sure that they are within their captains buff range as much as possible.

A hunter looks cool shooting from max range but if you dont have all the buffs, youre wasting dps.

Boss 2 has a frontal arch so if youre on his hip you will probably be one-shot.  This makes us waste a rez and slows our dps.

At the beginning of that pull it seems to be the best that the group waits balled up until the tank has the boss in position then the group moves into position directly behind the boss.

Aggro is busted.  Tanks however can lock down aggro after a dps class has gotten off a huge attack.  Knowing what a mob is targeting is something you should have in your UI build.

#5 Healing

There was a vast improvement here. For the most part our healers held their composure and were mindful about their positioning. 

Anticipating damage is key.  Knowing in advance youre going to have to use a Triumphant spirit early is key.  Also blowing Triumphant spirit when youre group is full health is a huge waste.

Dont waste that skill!!

Captains are a great asset here as well with the use of bubble on the guard.  The cool-down for that skill matches well with the killing of each pull.  Again thank you DW and Allid here .

Minstrels continue to find ways to keep your feet planted and get into your bolster courage spam.  remember to use Soliloquy of spirit to cut animations.

#6 Debuffs

Allid's presence was sure felt thru the application of lore master debuffs.  The reduction in damage was huge.  If anyone gets a chance, please ask him about his stats so we can get them posted here.

Beru's use of Antidote was great as well. removes 2 debuffs.  everyone should be using pots but between captain, burg, LM we shouldn't have an issue here. 

If you get two wounds, call it out.  if someone is slow removing, call it out.  "POT WOUNDS"  is all that needs to be said.  dont need to call a specific person, when you hear wounds check yourself.

During the week, please resupply the toon you plan to take with wound and fear pots especially.  Get tokens, scrolls, re-gen, stat and resistance foods.

Our kin AH is primarily stocked for that.  check yourself.

#7 Skipping pulls 

Used Beru to skip and few pulls.  In the raid there are way points that you get to that allows to raise flags near the entrance.

Beru took many deaths figuring that out and Lobo assisted her with that.  Post notes for that asap for general knowledge.  It saves a lot of time.

#8 Raid sign up

We typically invite all that sign up and then adjust the group for the best chance for success.

We did plan to have a static T2 group so we can learn and achieve more Glory than death and then bring in other people and alts.

thats all i can think of at the moment. FOR GONDOR

One last thing, good tip for support classes is to set your UI up something like this so you can see your health as well as the group.

This may not effect all but if you are a button masher like me it helps.  this set up shortens the distance you have to drag you mouse and keeps your eyes focused to whats going on.

there is also a plug in called palintir that does something similar.

Abusaad
Officer
Guardsman

The only thing i have this week is mainly, communication.

Information is coming way too late.

For the Clear

Great info on navigating the secret paths. Another time saver.

Anticipating damage is something we need more of.

We know that the tank is going to take massive damage.  Healers Have a big heal ready and make sure youre in position and in range.  Tanks have a skill ready.

Also way too much damage being taken again by buried ghost.

Look around and call it out.  We want the communication from anyone who sees something that will wipe us.

If someone is standing in a puddle.  All it take is "get out of the puddle"  etc.....

Devoted Ritualist.  These little nastys have a corruption that needs to be removed before they we attack them.  That corruption is a reflect that takes out hunters and RKs quickly.

Lets start calling this out.  We can have the captain pull this out of group, that will give us a second set of eyes looking for that corruption.

Many times when we lose one person we can wait and rez out of combat and not waste rallys and captain rezes.  i.e. If we have 6 hunters and lose one, it may not warrant a rez in-combat. 

Sadly there is a pecking order as well.  Some people put out more dps than others.  Its not to be taken as a personal knock but whats better for the group.  

Communication is crucial here too.  Its important that rezes get called out or pre-established.

When people start tossing out random revives, it can make someone hesitate on chucking a rez.  

For some reason there hasnt been a change with the captain rez.  A captain rez can be wasted because its not barred from use after someone else has rezzed. Captain rez is a 5 minute cooldown. Minstrel rez can be cut down to 2 minutes 30 seconds. MY PRECIOUS!!!

Boss #1

Again here call out burrowed ghost.

To help with seeing these ghost, we used the off tank to grab mini bosses.  Rhino ass can block your vision.

captain heal mark can fall off as the tanks adjust position.  Call it out.

we could also have the captain main tank here to mitigate that although I’m not sure of the pros and cons of who tanks what.

When the boss is about to send you to the alter, they say your name and a group fear is applied.  Everyone can see this in say chat.  There is a plug in that can display chat on your screen.  i havent used that in a while but ill look for it and try it.

We could have one person call it out.  healers need to be looking for this.  You have a few seconds before it happens.  Healers should be on top of this.

With all thats going on, Healers cannot not be pre-occupied with other things and not watching the tanks.

Ive noticed that many times when we are working out who is gonna rez, we start losing a tank.  This decision needs to made faster.

Healers and DPS need to relax.  DPS you are healed by revealing mark.  If youre not dps-ing and run into ghost you will die.  

Healers, know where you are and get to your next location quickly.  Healers need only to move slighty out of range of the ghost and get back to healing.   Many skills can be used when moving but the key thing is getting relocated and getting back into the bolster spam ASAP.

Boss #2

Know your gear.

At this point everyone that needs them should have swaps by now.

These dont have to be best of the line swaps.  A teal item level 330 works just fine with at least Empowered Abyssal essences.  Most will need about 5 essences.

DPS classes should not have tactical mits built into their builds.  You are dwarfing your DPS if youre built that way.  For RKs this easier. 

Heal the tanks and clear corruptions.

We had three healers and im speachless after that. 

See you all next time.

FOR GONDOR!!!

In my personal opioin im not see the reason for champs in this raid.  I know we want to include people but i feel the champ class is hurting us. 

The reason for this is simple, they die too much.  All thru this raid there are mobs that explode and do about 10-20k damage, mobs that are enraged and attack random people and also burrowed ghost that do about 13k damage to heavies.

Champs get eaten alive and it places more stress on our healers to keep them alive.  Champs will have their day again i guess, but i feel they need to be shelved until we get accustomed to this raid.

If we want to keep them id recommend we have them stack a little more morale, this goes for Burgs too.  Adding 20-30k morale could help.    

Last edited by Abusaad on 2018/05/01 7:47 am; edited 4 times in total

Abusaad
Officer
Guardsman

A caveat for 2 trash pulls before Boss #1

The Deathless watcher does get a couple of puddles off during these pulls. 

We have been doing a great job limiting these thanks to Beru.

The puddle we will get, will drop on our Guard.

There was one in the middle of the room.

Be sure we are not standing in these.

Devoted Zealots 

These mobs are periodically enraged and attack random players.

They do say your name before they zerg.

When this mob dies it spawns ghosts.

How many ghosts?

Are we killing these too early in the kill order?

Are too many dying due to AOE damage?

The ghost drop aggro when they burrow, they pop and look for a juicy healer.

Poor Anthe was running for her life from what appeared to be more ghosts than we've had previously.

Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Wow Tho thank you for all the information :) hugs Andi

Abusaad
Officer
Guardsman

U22.2 is on bullroarer at the moment so much of this could become irrelevant.

Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Of course it will because you put all that work into it :(

Abusaad
Officer
Guardsman

Tactical Relic Rebalancing

• Note from the team: We have rebalanced recent changes to Tactical Relics, necessitated by some mistakes we made during their initial implementation for the Mordor expansion. We have reached a point in our class balance work where unfortunately we need to address this error. We will be doing what we can to make the changes more convenient for affected characters.
  • The relics with the new tactical bonuses had two serious balance issues:
    • They were never intended to work in BOTH weapon and class IA slots. That was a straight up bug on our part.
    • They weren't scaled correctly compared to the base bonus ratings on the weapons. They were scaled the same as the Physical DPS relics - but as you may know, the tactical and healing bonuses on IA items are substantially lower than the physical bonuses.
  • This necessitates two corresponding changes that we need to implement alongside our ongoing class balance updates:
    • Tactical DPS relics will only slot in the primary weapon, and will see their bonus reduced to ~70% of their current value.
    • Tactical HPS relics will only slot in the Class item, and will see their bonus reduced to ~45% of their current value.
    • We recognize that this will impact some players' current IA layouts. To manage this, those existing Tactical bonus relics will be removed from your IA items and relic inventories, and be replaced by barter tokens that can be exchanged at a Gorgoroth raid vendor for an equivalent relic (either DPS or HPS), so that you can rebalance your IA build around the new restrictions.
    • Had it been a more modest imbalance we would have simply let it ride, but in this case it is creating sufficient class imbalances that we feel that we need to address it during our class balance passes to make sure that it doesn't invalidate our other efforts going forwards, or have untoward effects on characters without access to the relics.

Abusaad
Officer
Guardsman

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?663861-Bullroarer-Update-22-2-Release-Notes

Not totally sure cause it’s not live but as is, this will hurt minis and RKs

Last edited by Abusaad on 2018/05/18 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total

Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Yeah it will but we have been nerfed big time before and survived.

What sucks is they ( to my knowledge and i have been away for 3 weeks) still haven't fixed the outgoing healing issue. So Minis be aware you will need to take note of Tho's instructions and have a spare Tac Mastery piece and Tac Mit piece and a Vit piece.  It will make having a Cappy for the tier2 stuff more important for us raiding.

It would be nice if some other classes were looked at before we take another hit :).

AmandaKay
Freeperson

re: Cappy Help!

So, in a mad fit of crazy, I Aria'ed my captain.  She was 66 at the time, and now she's 115.  I've basically only played her in red line (though I had her halted for quite awhile at 62 for Moria instances, so I've done a tiny bit of yellow tanking as well).  I would like to work toward solid builds for both lines, keeping in mind the red line build needs to be decent at soloing, and keeping in mind 99.5% of my tanking experience has been on a guard.  My first and most pressing questions are, what should my lis look like?  I currently have in progress: a 1st age healing emblem, a 1st age 2 handed dps sword, and a trying to become a 2nd age dps emblem.  I am hoping to earn a 1st age 1h sword through Roving Threats for tanking purposes.  Also, what should my stats look like for raiding with a red line cappy?  Does anyone else have a recent 115 and\or would like to work on deeds and things together?

Thanks in advance!

Elweenia: lore-master

Melda: hunter

Kerthryth: captain

Hallana: guardian

Yaavie: rune-keeper
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

AK hit me up in game i have a few symbols and can send 1 or 2 your way for first agers. :) Andi

AmandaKay
Freeperson

Thanks, Andi, I will!  :)   Meanwhile, I'll enjoy the adventure of bringing her from Osgilliath to Mordor.

Elweenia: lore-master

Melda: hunter

Kerthryth: captain

Hallana: guardian

Yaavie: rune-keeper
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Just letting you all know AK and i have been chatting and we are getting this sorted. :)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern Cross Forum Index -> Raid Info All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: