Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Southern Cross Forum Index -> Southern Cross History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

re: Transfer World Information

Hi All

Just wanted you all to know that a few of us officers got together to discuss the transfer.

From the replies to the mail out I sent, thank you to those who replied, we are looking at Gladden then Arkenstone as our choices.

Turbine has reopened transfers for the worlds staying open and has announced, https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?575685-World-Transfer-Status-Update-8-26-2015, that those servers who are closing will begin transfers in mid September. Because we are second to last i doubt we will move much before the end of Sept possibly it will be October.

1/.  As far as the kin goes the leader will move first. This is so you guys have a place to go when you transfer. I will move then there will be a Southern Cross on the new server and as you all move over you will automatically be put in kin, as long as you were already in kin.

2/. As soon as the leader moves  Southern Cross will be disbanded on Vilya. If anyone moves prior to the leader they will have to request to be put back in kin.  If you decide to do it this way remember you will lose your previous join date with SC.

3/.  Stan will leave an account on Vilya for a while so you will be able to contact us via Jothir or of course at the website http://southerncrossvilya.guildlaunch.com by a direct mail to an officer or straight to me. Our face book page is also an option for contacting us https://www.facebook.com/groups/70824949355/

Also just want to remind you all when you are transferring your toons to the new server please remember, if you have a house, to transfer the owner of your house first this is so you still have toons who can receive anything from your house in escrow.

Tho has also volunteered to take screen shots of his transfer and will post them on the website for all to see. This may help you when you decide to move :)

Remember we will keep you up to date as much as we can via SCfb, the website or MOTD as the transfer gets closer. 

Hugs Andi and the Officers

Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Hi hi all

Transfers will begin as at the 14th of September. This is first the first 2 worlds. This is the link if you are interested https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?576724-First-World-Transfers-Opening!

We still have time to think about our transfer and nothing is set in stone yet. For those of you who haven’t sent your preference yet please do. As we have let you know previously we are looking at Gladden as our first choice and Arkenstone as our second.

I think we still have a number of weeks before our turn so we just have to sit and wait. Please always keep in mind turbine are trying to even out the numbers on each server so we may just get sent where they tell us. It is a bummer being second to last but hopefully they have ironed out all the bugs by then.

Hug Andi and the Officers

Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Hi hi all

There has been suggestions that we will be moving on the 9th of November  2015, https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?573104-World-Transfers/page79,

please note this particular line

"I came up with a potential, suggestive, unofficial, made-up, speculative (am I clear enough) schedule, based on 1 week per world on each geographical side"

The person who wrote this is guessing might be an excellent guess or a poor one we don’t know.  We will let you know as soon as we find out and my guess is it will be by in game mail from Turbine telling us we can start transfers then we will sort out how we will go.

Thanks everyone Andi 

Andismak
Leader
High Warden

When the time comes for our transfer please keep this in mind.

World Transfer information

Tue, 22 Sep 2015 18:03:31 +0000

Please be aware that during the transfer process your LOTRO forum account will be suspended for up to 6 hours. This is not a disciplinary action, but rather a side effect of locking the game account so the process can complete.

Also note that if you have not received a transfer completion email within 6 hours of your transfer process, it is safe to login to your account and characters. In some cases the email is not being received by players and we are investigating that issue.

Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Just an update, a little late i know, but Turbine are holding off transfers for another 2 weeks while the organise the hardware. So it is looking like early december for us. :) Maybe a new home for Christmas :) 

Andismak
Leader
High Warden

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?582819-New-Hardware-Update&p=7479686#post7479686 Transfers are opening again while they sort their hardware out . xx

Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Looks like we are next in line   https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?575685-World-Transfer-Status-Updates&p=7480928#post7480928

Andismak
Leader
High Warden

More Closing worlds opening for transfer and New Free remaining world transfers.

On Monday December 7th we will open transfers off of Vilya.

At this time we will also be closing free transfers off of Brandywine and Evernight and switching to Arkenstone and Gwaihir. Tuesday Dec 8th we will be opening transfers off of Meneldor completing the US closing worlds. We are holding off on opening Snowbourn for a week or two as we add hardware capacity to our larger EU worlds to handle the load. It is possible this world may not be opened for transfers until we are in the new data center. Work is coming to a close on this project and we hope to have a launch date for you soon once we have worked though the final testing of the environment.

Thank you for your continued patience! Athena "Vyvyanne" Peters

So it looks like we are moving i will discuss with Officers for a good date and we will let the kin know. 

Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Hey All

Just letting you know we have an open to transfer date 7th of Dec for the US/Europe and 8th for the Aussies.

Now we have to set a date to move and I will let you all know as soon as the officers have discussed it.

Please keep in mind you will need to wait for me to move before you do if you want to keep your join dates within the kin.

What will happen is I will transfer first. When I am safely on Arkenstone then you guys can all move over when you like. This is the Turbine quote

“Kinship Transfer

When transferring a character who is a Kinship leader, the game will disband the kinship on the home world and reform it on the new world complete with all historical data. Players who were in that same kin will be instantly added to the kin on the new world if they decide to follow the Kin leader. “

Please do not panic when the kin disbands it means I have left Vilya and on my way to Arkenstone. Once I am on Arkenstone and everything appears in order I will post on the website, our face book page and our new chat channel let you all know it is ok for you to transfer when you are ready. I will be really lonely in a strange new place so I hope you will not take long to join meJ.

Hugs Andi  What I wanted to send

Hey All

We have an open to transfer date 7th of Dec for the US/Europe and 8th for the Aussies.

Now we have to set a date to move and I will let you all know as soon as the officers have discussed it.

Please keep in mind you will need to wait for me to move before you do if you want to keep your join dates within the kin.

What will happen is I will transfer first. When i am on Arkenstone then you guys can all move over when you like.

“Kinship Transfer

When transferring a character who is a Kinship leader, the game will disband the kinship on the home world and reform it on the new world complete with all historical data. Players who were in that same kin will be instantly added to the kin on the new world if they decide to follow the Kin leader. “

Please do not panic when the kin disbands it means I have left Vilya and on my way to Arkenstone. Once I am on Arkenstone and everything appears in order I will post to the website, FB and our new chat channel you can move then.

hugs Andi

What I had to send

Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Hi guys we have been given a transfer opening date. 

As soon as I leave to transfer the kin will be disbanded and we will need a way to continue to communicate until we all transfer. I have created a new channel SCmoving and here are the details and some instructions on how to create a channel.

You can have 4 user created channels active.

To see which ones you are using you can type

/listchannels

This will show you a list of channels you are currently using. You will need to pick one of the 4 channels available to join the new channel we have created.

Once you have choosen your channel

Put in /and the channel you have decided on and hit space bar. You are now in your channel which you wish to save for Southern Cross.

Next you type into the channel

/joinchannel <SCmoving> <Arkenstone> and hit enter

This will give you a new channel which we can all communicate in.  

Any problems please let me know. More information on the move will be sent soon.

Andi J

Andismak
Leader
High Warden

At the moment i can not send mail out so this is the mail i was going to send 

Hi hi all

Due to 17.1 I cannot transfer until the update is over. So I am going to transfer about 7.30 pm server time on the 7th.

Please remember people when I leave Vilya the kin will be disbanded. So you will need to join the channel SCmoving so we can communicate. As soon as I let you know I am on Arkenstone you will need to log off then transfer yourself over. As soon as you transfer you will be put automatically into Southern Cross /1. Our name is taken on Arkenstone so we will have a slash 1 next to our name.

Any problems ask or send me mail prior to me doing the transfer.

Hugs everyone enjoy your last hours on Vilya. If you aren’t joining us please remember the door is always open and we will miss you. And thank you for all the enjoyable hours we have all had.

Andi xx

Ellianor
Swoopsd
Freeperson

re: Transfer Happening?

I just logged into Vilya.  

No one is on SCmoving and there are no notifications on guildlaunch.  

I joined TS3: Nocturnal.  But as I am only a guest I cannot get in to talk to anyone.

Is it Safe to Transfer?

Thanks!

Ellianor Grym

**** UPDATE - THANKS ANDARAL - Kinship is up and running on Arkenstone and I am now a member on Nocturnal.  WOOT!!

Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Hi hi all 

The kin has transferred to Arkenstone successfully. A few went early so you will need to be invited back into the kin just send a tell to someone and we will sort it :)

Posts from:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Southern Cross Forum Index -> Southern Cross History All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: