View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cabre
Esquire

re: Preparations for Rohan

Thanks to everyone who responded by listing their characters they wanted to raid with. The list gave us a good idea what we have and what we are lacking going into Rohan. One of the reasons we were not as successful as we could have been was group make up. Looking at Isengard Burglars played a very prominent role in Isengard.
If you start looking at the Kins that were successful running tier 2 content you notice they consistently ran with three types of crowd control one Lore Master and two Burglars. To give you an example here is a video montage from the German group, considered by most the best end game raiding kin, and how they grouped. This video is work family safe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsRLsg3XfBg&list=FL5cOTHLwdSvhrskvSZ-wnNA&index=2&feature=plpp_video

As you watch this video notice how they consistently ran with two Burglars and one Lore Master. This group make up was copied by various other very successful end game raiding groups. Unfortunately we fell short in this area. For Isengard we needed to adapt to the content not have the content adapt to us. We couldn't adapt because we didn't have the right group makeup to overcome what the content was requiring.

Going into Rohan we want to be better prepared. That's why we asked for a list of characters that included your main and the alts you wanted to raid with in Rohan.

To give you a quick summary the kin is lacking in the following areas:

1. Minis
2. Burglars
3. Lore Masters

Regarding the above listed characters we don't have the numbers or flexibility that we need; meaning we don't have enough people that play these toons. Looking back at some of our raids we never had burglars to fill that role. So what we need is for those players that have the above toons, Minis Burglars and LM's, listed as alts to give them priority as the 2nd character to level up in Rohan. This will give us the flexibility we need in Rohan that we didn't have in Isengard.

The remaining classes Hunters, Champions ECT., we have good balance going into Rohan. But we are really lacking in crowd control and healing characters. Will Burglars/Lore Masters play a prominent role again in Rohan? I'm betting they will be and if we want to be successful raiding in Rohan we need to be ready for whatever the content requires. Thanks

Divinorum
Divinorum1
Guardsman

You can count on my burglar. I just hope my schedule will fit with the raid times. He currently has the full Draigoch armour set but has been unable to attend the isen raids. He also needs all great river rep and gear.

Div

Esquire

An excellent post, and thank you to the officers for taking the time to pull this information together, and it's nice to see so many people are interested in getting off to a good start for Rohan, and welcoming back some former players Happy

Is it possible we will change the criteria for sign ups and start filling the group by class need, rather than first come, first served? I don't know how anyone else feels about that. Personally speaking, I have no objection at having to sit out a raid if I can't bring a toon that is required. It may seem a little harsh, but looking at all the successful raiding kins, they choose the correct mix for the fight. Southern Cross is all about making things as fair as possible, and helping one another, and sometimes that may just mean having to sit one out for the good of the team :-)

I am not very confident on my LM, but will start practising because that's what the content may require. I enjoy healing, not saying I'm any good at it and it may be I have to make my mini my main in place of my beloved first toon, my Champ.

I am real excited about Rohan, lets hope the lags fixed and the kin are all on the same page with this cos I love you all :D

<3
Aldie xx
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Thank you Cab for this post I really appreciate all you have done putting it together. You and Brum have done a great job.

Yay Div you are an awesome burg give me a yell and i will help you level in the great river area if you need.

Aldy you are and awesome healer but i know what you mean my champ is my fav toon to play but she just sits in the corner getting dusty Happy.

I am leveling a LM Cab if that helps for flexability she is 70 but will be 75 for RoR. I will have her geared but not to fussed with the new level cap and will see what new gear we have.
\

Thanks again Cab.
Ransackery
Footman

I have a burg in Moira I will dust off and start to level.
Malandan
Valandan
Master Guardsman

Working my LM pretty hard right now, not worrying about insen gear, will see whats available in RoR at 85...
Will try to work burg next, retiring my mini, i know we need minis but its just not my bag...
Mal
StormHannah
Freeperson

I spoke to OutlawBarbie this morning in between jewel heists and she might be willing to assist. Any Renegade Ken's out there willing to level from 65 to 75 with her?

I will in all likelihood level my min, Beredan, first, as Ostogilel will probably have an easier time of it solo.

Freeperson

re: Classes

I will have a Burg and a Minnie up and ready, as well as the Warden and Cappy.

Canin
Brumnly
Master Guardsman

I will be leveling Brumnly my champ first of course, not sure what will be next, but minny definatly soon after, but since its hard for me to lead on minny ,it may be cappy or hunter as those 2 would be next option while leading. My burg and LM Still needs lots a work and to be honest, i got burned out trying to deed em up, but maybe i'll work 1 of those too.

Leabella
Freeperson

re: Rohan Readiness

I will also have my minnie Leabella up and running. I have a lore master and burglar as well. Looking forward to learning the new raids , sure hope they fix the lag so we all can enjoy ourselves!

~Lea
Grymbolt
Freeperson

re: Raid Info

Looks like I leveled the wrong char again..Grymcap (captain) just reached 85 and is finishing all his books. I have a lvl 54 burg that I will get busy on.

Master Guardsman

re: Re: Raid Info

Grymbolt wrote:
Looks like I leveled the wrong char again..Grymcap (captain) just reached 85 and is finishing all his books. I have a lvl 54 burg that I will get busy on.

This is an older post you ran across Grym. Level what you want, capt is great man!

Mal
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern Cross Forum Index -> Raid Info All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: