Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern Cross Forum Index -> Southern Cross History
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delothus
Footman

re: Raid Time discussion

I'd bet my life this topic has come up from time to time- but wanted to throw out a idea anyways, just to be s ure.

I'd be willing to do a early morning Raid of say 9/8am Pacific ( -8 GMT), which would be noon/11am Eastern Time and about dinner time Western Europe ( not sure where our Aussie friends would be)- if there is any interest in such a thing.

Would such a thing be helpful at all?

Player of Delothus
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Your 8 or 9 am Eastern is about 10.30 or 11.30 pm Aussie while on a Sat Night that would be fine but your Sunday Morning would be a work day the next day and impossible for us Aussies. And yes this topic has come up a number of times and we have tried a many times to explore new times with very little success. but it is always worth a go Happy Andi
Celestien
Freeperson

I would also really like a more EU friendly raid time schedule. I tried joining last saterday..but that means starting for me at about 2am and going to bed again around 5 am. It's crazy. I understand not every raid can or will be succesfull, but to fail after having stayed up for it (I'm the kinda person that likes to go to bed around 10-11 pm), it really doesnt make me want to join another night and loose sleep again for nothing. So sadly I will not be joining anymore raids. It's just not worth it for me.
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Celest I am very sorry about that but if you wanna raid it happens sometimes you dont get the boss down. But I understand what you are saying I wouldn't get up at that time to raid because for me it is impossible with kids.

A few months back we did try EU times Cab got up very early and people didnt sign up and some that did sign didnt show. Cab, the lovely man that he is persisited, did this for 6 weeks then when no interest was shown he stopped because people just weren't showing. Every few months we try this and it doesnt last long because of the lack of interest. We will discuss at next officers meeting and see what comes up. Andi Happy
Aldarionn
Idril_Aldarion
Esquire

Hi Everyone,

This is a debate really close to my heart. Being a European like Celeste I totally empathise with her, and I understand that for her the raid times are even tougher as she is an hour ahead of me. I possibly have a little more flexibility than some do, even though I work full time I am on flexi time so I can go in a little later in the morning and work later to make my day up...not ideal but it helps a little.

Us Euro's are in the minority as we know, but the kin have tried (I remember poor Cabs getting up at 6am on his only day off and having half the people who asked for the run not show). It was really disheartening when several raids didn't make, especially when I had pleaded our case. (please don't think I'm pointing any fingers).

I just want to say a couple of things....

Celeste...please reconsider raiding again, you are a valued player, it's tough staying up late, but very rewarding.

It would be nice if people were considerate of us and there are a number of small things they can do to help us.

Showing up on time makes a massive difference to us. Most raids start at 1am for me (2am for Central Europe), to have raids run 30-45 minutes late is harsh for us. I have known the Dragon run to be almost 90 minutes late before

If some of the raids could start an hour or even just half an hour earlier? Even if not every week, that would be greatly appreciated.

If people paid attention when Leaders are giving instruction and understood what everyone's role was we shouldn't wipe as much and we'd finish earlier Happy

Is there any time on a weekend that would suit us all? Where it wouldn't be too early or too late?

If I can help you (Celeste) with anything please just ask.

Perhaps we could find out how many of us are on a similar time zone and try and arrange some support for one another...6 man runs?

Could we actively recruit some more of us (yay....take over !)/

Please don't think us Euro's are whining, we do appreciate the problems with the time zones, but just a little few things can make a difference.

Thank you for reading if you stuck out until the end :D

<3 Aldie xx

High Warden

Well said Aldy and those things you discussed are quite an issue. With more kinnies now there will be no waiting around for people ( unless we have asked someone to join who may not be organised ). There are people around and waiting who can take your place.

What i would like to add to Adly's great list is that the day before organise your toon so we aren't waiting while you get pots or make them that will also help. I have been in raids waiting while members are making their pots for the raid.

As for recruiting i will let Dhal know we can add EU to the recruiting list and those of you in that time zone please look around and we can actively recruit. Another thing we can lookat is an alliance with an EU kin so you can raid with them. All just ideas for now and we will chat in officers meetng coming up.

Andi Happy
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

I just thought guys that daylight savings could make a difference. Our clock s go forward an hour this coming weekend and US clocks go back soonish. Does this make any difference to EU times.
Celestien
Freeperson

Thanks Aldy, for nuancing it more, I tend to be quite blunt and straightforward in expressing myself (I think it's a Dutch thing confused).

I know Cab tried for many weeks to get some dragon runs going at daytime for us EU ppl (8 am est). I appreciated it very much and signed up every time if I didn’t have other obligations. Sadly, as said before, many ppl did not show.

The thing is I really do love raiding. I love the challenge and you guys are a nice group to raid with. I don’t feel the immense pressure as with a PUG, where the slightest screw up can get you yelled at. Which is why I hardly PUG with Celes, cause the tank role is a pretty profound one. I am far more comfortable on my mini and hunter, so they have completed most of the raids with PUGs, but it’s so much less fun than with a nice steady group of ppl.

As for daylight savings time, I don’t think it will matter much, since we have those too (or rather we soon go back to normal time). I’m typically 6 hours ahead of EST. My clock goes an hour backwards in the last weekend of October. So that sometimes makes the time difference an hour more (or less, I have no idea) for a few weeks. I’m not sure how it works with Aussie time though. I think you tend to be 6 to 8 hours in front of me? So my time is smack bang in the middle of the US and Aussie ppl.

The way the raid times are now, I am loosing an entire night sleep when I join. Sadly, I’m not 18 anymore tongue out and can’t pull that off. Maybe if times got pushed back a little I would be able to join more often. Or even if they would start early morning for me, I’d get up for that. But of course I would ideally like it to be around 8 pm my time. But I know that’s just a dream...

Celes
Aldarionn
Idril_Aldarion
Esquire

Hi,

Thank you so much for responding to my post ladies. I really appreciate the consideration shown. I really do hate to be a bother about anything at all, and it was reassuring to see you ladies were in agreement.

Thank you very much for taking this forward Andi, that is great, if there is anything I can do to help please let me know.

I think possibly not everyone realises how late it is for us sometimes and how much easier it would be to even just start on time, or move the time forward occasionally.

Possibly people are like me and haven't got a clue about our time zones. I have no idea what EST is ...all I know is I'm 5-8 hours ahead of the Americans depending which part of the USA they live in. Thank goodness SC site tells me what time the raid starts in my time :D

I have no clue regarding Australian times, are you guys..12 hours ahead of me?

<3
Aldie xx

High Warden

As of this weekend tonight even we put our clocks forward so 8pm eastern will be 10.30 am my time. For you Aldy just add 9.5 hours and you have my time. So if it is 1 in the morning for you it is 9.3 here. And for you Celest it is 8.5 hours different ( Used Amsterdam time ). I will sort daylight saving tomorrow but we go forward 1 hour tonight.

And I have added this to the officer agenda for next weeks meeting so we will discuss then. Happy
Tolbald
Footman

re: <>

Definately do not ask me what time it is.. I never get it right..
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern Cross Forum Index -> Southern Cross History All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: