View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzle
GlobalRemedy
Sergeant of the Guard

re: Draigoch DKP (most current always)

by GlobalRemedy on 30 Oct 2011 12:52 pm

Post edited 11/7/11 this first post will always be edited to show the most current iteration of these guidlines.

*remember dkp points are only earned when somebody spends points.

Item points costs:

Worn symbol : 12 pts
Helm/Shoulders barter item : 12 pts
Teal rare : 6 pts
Purple rare : 3 pts
Dragon scale : 6 pts

Guidlines:

1) When items drop the raid leader will show the item then have people roll for interest in the item (if you roll for an item it means you WANT it) the raid leader will then look at the dkp totals of the players who rolled for interest in the item and the highest total will be allowed to buy the item, if two players dkp totals are the same then the roll for interest values will be used to determine which player with the highest dkp gets the item highest roll winning the item. when the item is purchased all players in the raid divide up that items value as earned dkp and the raid leader goes on to the next item.

2) players may go to negative values even if already at a negative value as long as they are the highest total
interested in the item.

3) within the same raid a player may not win more then one teal item (symbol, teal rare, armour barter item, ect) even if they have the highest dkp total unless absolutly nobody else is interested in it, even if it goes free roll you cannot win another rare unless it would be burned if they do not take it.

4) any item that absolutly nobody will spend points to buy may be free-rolled instead of burned but NO dkp will be earned by anyone for that item.

5) the raid leader is the final authourity on any clarification or ruleing needed in the implementation of this system and its guidlines.

6) *** IN SKIRMISH"S ONLY ATM *** players may not buy/win a worn symbol if they already have one on any toon unless everyone in the current raid has one. this rule may be applied to other very rare items from other raids that we wish to distribute throught out the kin.

7) Just a few notes about how the draigoch loot will be processed: The 8 oclock chest will be opened first ( the one with armour set pieces) then we will proceed clockwise around the room. When a chest is opened the raid lead will spam all items to raid chat for that whole chest. They will then spam one of the items from that chest (typically best first)into raid chat and ask for a roll on it. People roll for interest when it is spammed solo, the raid leader after seeing rolls come in for the item will say last call for interest, then close the rolls on that item. IF YOU ARE DECIDEING ABOUT AN ITEM when the last call for that item is made you can say WAIT PLZ and the raid leader will wait before closeing the rolls on that item.

8) If two like items drop from one chest there will ONLY BE ONE ROLL for interest, it will be used for both items.

edition notes: 1
Basline system established

edition notes: 2
This is the same exact one we had before except the worn symbol rule of one was edited to be in skirmish raids only.

edition notes: 3 (11/5/11)
Same except notes for how draigoch loot will be processed were added. Also edition notes were added to track changes in the system.

edition notes: 4 (11/19/11)
Added guidline #8, and edited guideline #3 to be a little less grey in its specifics.

drizzle

Last edited by GlobalRemedy on 2011/11/19 7:09 pm; edited 4 times in total
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

No replies here Driz a good sign. You have done a wonderful job here setting this up thank you.
Also thank you Brum and Driz for all the work behing the scenes i know the kin really appreciates it.

hugs Andi Happy
Geldarion
Geldarion
Guardsman

I think the system is working quite well so far. I would like to bring up a few tweaks, but they are really more about the execution of the above ideas.

1. Link everything in the chest at one time before starting to roll on things. This was decided upon in the last Draigoch raid, but I just wanted to put it here for everyone to see.

2. We might start typing "Start DKP rolls for <link item>" before everyone rolls. Then type "Rolls finished" after that, to signify closing of that roll. I had the feeling that people were somewhat confused in the raid last night, plus we can specify in chat that we are or aren't using DKP for a certain item.

3. When trying to get the strategy of a new raid down, we could have a time-based dkp award. This would help people on the "come and die a lot" runs get some of the loot when they come back after we have it nailed down. This could be (thinking about our current scale) ~0.5-1.0 DKP per hour. This isn't really for this raid anymore, but with update 5's new raid cluster, we might want to think about it. I never won a single drop in OD, even though I went on three or four fear/poison/wound wing runs before we got them down.

These are just some thoughts, feel free to disregard or use any that you wish Happy

Thanks,
Geldarion

What i've seen when running with other kins was the leader would put ______________________ that line before the rolls then again after them, that breaks up the different rolls.

The other thing that needs to be done is make sure all players in the raid are raid elgible, this last 1 someone had not yet claimed there characters and we are now waiting on them before Driz can do the points, this is due to the split of points, so i will try , if i'm there to check all players and if some have not claimed thier toons we must get them to before we start.

Drizzle
GlobalRemedy
Sergeant of the Guard

Geldarion wrote:
I think the system is working quite well so far. I would like to bring up a few tweaks, but they are really more about the execution of the above ideas.

1. Link everything in the chest at one time before starting to roll on things. This was decided upon in the last Draigoch raid, but I just wanted to put it here for everyone to see.

2. We might start typing "Start DKP rolls for <link item>" before everyone rolls. Then type "Rolls finished" after that, to signify closing of that roll. I had the feeling that people were somewhat confused in the raid last night, plus we can specify in chat that we are or aren't using DKP for a certain item.

3. When trying to get the strategy of a new raid down, we could have a time-based dkp award. This would help people on the "come and die a lot" runs get some of the loot when they come back after we have it nailed down. This could be (thinking about our current scale) ~0.5-1.0 DKP per hour. This isn't really for this raid anymore, but with update 5's new raid cluster, we might want to think about it. I never won a single drop in OD, even though I went on three or four fear/poison/wound wing runs before we got them down.

These are just some thoughts, feel free to disregard or use any that you wish Happy

Thanks,
Geldarion

The first couple points, we have discussed how to smooth out, this will come with a little practice i think, and as for the third with a zero-sum dkp there are no bonus points anywhere in the system, zero-sum by default means the system total is always zero. A nice thought certainly one we discussed but ultimatly we went with zero-sum to curb inflation/stagnation ect. so this choice was already made for us.

We certainly appreciate our test crew willing to go and wipe repeatadly but with our system all we offer is our gratitude, so thank you very much to EL and EVERYONE else who helped get the 24 man strat down. Also a big thanks in advance to those of you who may go and die getting the 12 man strat down. Happy

* i will do a new iteration of the dkp system guidlines again adding those discussed options from the raid last night and the debrief afterwords *

also early this week i will have the SC strat edited and up on the forums for all to read.

Final note: dkp for draigoch 11/5/11 is updated.

Drizzle
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Thanks Geld for the helpful hints we were not aware of what came in what chest so we are still tweeking what we are doing. I agree showing what is in the chest is a great idea but as in all raids people just dont listen and if you show stuff people start rolling. But we will somehow include that because it gives people time to think as well. I also liked Elassar idea of starting with the shoulder/helm tokens first.

We will get it down soon, it is only the second time we have got it down. Happy Andi
Drizzle
GlobalRemedy
Sergeant of the Guard

re: newest iteration Draigoch Dkp

*remember dkp points are only earned when somebody spends points.

Item points costs:

Worn symbol : 12 pts
Helm/Shoulders barter item : 12 pts
Teal rare : 6 pts
Purple rare : 3 pts
Dragon scale : 6 pts

Guidlines:

1) When items drop the raid leader will show the item then have people roll for interest in the item (if you roll for an item it means you WANT it) the raid leader will then look at the dkp totals of the players who rolled for interest in the item and the highest total will be allowed to buy the item, if two players dkp totals are the same then the roll for interest values will be used to determine which player with the highest dkp gets the item highest roll winning the item. when the item is purchased all players in the raid divide up that items value as earned dkp and the raid leader goes on to the next item.

2) players may go to negative values even if already at a negative value as long as they are the highest total
interested in the item.

3) within the same raid a player may not win more then one teal item (symbol, teal rare, armour barter item, ect) even if they have the highest dkp total unless absolutly nobody else is interested in it.

4) any item that absolutly nobody will spend points to buy may be free-rolled instead of burned but NO dkp will be earned by anyone for that item.

5) the raid leader is the final authourity on any clarification or ruleing needed in the implementation of this system and its guidlines.

6) *** IN SKIRMISH"S ONLY ATM *** players may not buy/win a worn symbol if they already have one on any toon unless everyone in the current raid has one. this rule may be applied to other very rare items from other raids that we wish to distribute throught out the kin.

7) Just a few notes about how the draigoch loot will be processed: The 8 oclock chest will be opened first ( the one with armour set pieces) then we will proceed clockwise around the room. When a chest is opened the raid lead will spam all items to raid chat for that whole chest. They will then spam one of the items from that chest (typically best first)into raid chat and ask for a roll on it. People roll for interest when it is spammed solo, the raid leader after seeing rolls come in for the item will say last call for interest, then close the rolls on that item. IF YOU ARE DECIDEING ABOUT AN ITEM when the last call for that item is made you can say WAIT PLZ and the raid leader will wait before closeing the rolls on that item.

edition notes: 1
Basline system established

edition notes: 2
This is the same exact one we had before except the worn symbol rule of one was edited to be in skirmish raids only.

edition notes: 3 (11/5/11)
Same except notes for how draigoch loot will be processed were added. Also edition notes were added to track changes in the system.

drizzle
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Ammendment 7 is great Driz we must make sure Geld see this before his weekend raid Happy Great job Driz.
Geldarion
Geldarion
Guardsman

Alright, looks good. I wasn't sure about the bonus points, thanks Drizz. I am still getting my mind wrapped around all the details of zero-sum.

Looking forward to the weekend! Happy

Geld i just want you to know how much we appreciate you stepping up and helping with this thank you so much Happy Andi
Geldarion
Geldarion
Guardsman

Of course, I am really enjoying helping out. I am really going mad with power though, hopefully I don't start randomly kicking people. :P

As of yesterday ( because all officers have agreed ) we started the symbol at 6 points. I was the first receipant ( that looks terrible ) we need to have the rules changed accordingly please. Worn symbol 6points now for the ToO raid and dragon please.

I will send a mail out to all kinnies today. 3/4 March 2012.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern Cross Forum Index -> Raid Info All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: