View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kanf
Footman

re: Player note note

Ok, here it comes...this email is gonna be right in your faces so sit down, hold on, grab some popcorn and read on Happy

Hey kinnies an incident occured today where a player used the player note incorrectly. Profanity was put in the player note instead of its correct use.

I'm going to say this once for everyone. We are DONE fighting with people over updating player notes, either being a jerk about it, refusing to do it or as in one case today, people plain out being RUDE and or making foul comments in their player notes and in kin chat and even a personal /tell. It will not be tolerated anymore and if you don't feel the need to do it right then maybe this isn't the kin for you. If you have any issues with it then feel free to talk to me. I know it sounds harsh and it isn't something we want to lose members over but honestly it isn't that big a deal. Just do it please.

Ya know, I think we are a pretty darn good kin and most of us get along pretty darn well. Freep and Creepside. A lot of us have literally been playing together for years and many of us have met each other in person. We work well together, play together and have lots of fun together. It might seem like a stupid thing to do but it helps everyone else know who you are and what toons you have in kin. Who is on line and when, what toon you are playing at the time and it really helps your fellow players get to know you and who they might be talking to. I know it can be hard remembering everyone's toons and its nice to be able to go to the social panel and click on a name and say OH YEA that's Sniffle!!! We have had a big influx of new and wonderful players and we want to keep growing. It is after all a massive multiplayer game Happy

Again, if this is an issue for anyone then think twice about if you think we are a kin you want to be in. But it has become a real problem and we are finished telling people over and over again to do it and it is something the kin leaders want to be done. Now, if you do have a toon that you want to keep secret or hidden for some reason i.e. a toon that you play when you want quiet time or to relax and chill without all the noise and chatter (I have one myself) and kin chat and that kind of stuff, trust me...I understand that. then there are 2 options. Keep that toon out of kin or just put something like main or wep crafter or something in the note.

Now we all know this is a game and it's for fun and we want you to have fun. It's great to put fun things in your note as well. Hell I do it all the time but my toons are all named very close to the same and it's easy to figure it out. Sniffle and Masuga are the same person but would you know that otherwise? I wouldn't and I know Sniffle Happy Please be sensible about what you put in your player notes. Something that makes sense. It's a social panel and we use it for social stuff.

One last thing. Can't we all just get along?!?!?! Let's stop the harrassing and name calling and foul language and all around poopooness that happens in kin chat. Public channels are not the place for it. Most of us are adults but we do have younger members and try to keep kin chat especially, G rated for the most part. People come here to have fun not lsiten to that crap in chat. We have grievance officers, use them. Hop in a channel with him or her and the greivance officer and work it out together. I'm sure it can be done. If you really feel it can't be worked out or you feel like you want to leave kin because you are that upset, I would just ask you to do one thing. Take a step back, take 10 breaths, log off for a bit, go punch a pillow or kick the cat (not really) ok maybe Happy eat a pbj sammich but only if ya use STRAWBERRY JELLY !!! Ok that was like 6 things but you get the idea Happy

So can we please see player notes filled in. Thanks all. Love and big sloppy wet kisses and licks from Fnak except for Nollypops cuz he has whiskers. Happy Not that I know that of course, somebody told me. I think it was Smeggy Happy
Kanf
Footman

Just a note to say, any feedback is welcome, good, bad or indifferent.
Brumnly
Master Guardsman

Well said Fnak, my kinship reminders work a bit, but some still don't do it, please if u just don't know how, ask Happy

wink

Blincoveni
Footman

I have no problems with anything you said. I greatly appreciate the player note and look at them all the time.

thanks Fnakky. You shall now be named the Note Nazi.

Jokes aside thanks Fnak for taking this on. It is really a help for all and especially those new people joining working out all us odies and our alts Happy.
Malandan
Valandan
Master Guardsman

Yeah, I agree.

It is about time someone put their foot down regarding this, even if it is a little hairy and bare....
confused
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern Cross Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum