View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tayzar
Esquire

re: Welcome to a class that a group can't be without!

Hello all,
If you have any minstrel questions, don't be afraid to ask me any questions. I very helpful when it comes down to helping people out (Kinda the point I guess) LOL!

You have chosen this class to be the best of the best Happy. Don't worry, it's all just about how you play the game, but minstrels are top notch. You can get into practically any group you want because everyone is looking for healers.

Again when I'm online please feel free to drop me a question or do it here and I or another minstrel will answer your questions Happy

-Tayzar
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

And when Tay isnt on give me a yell guys i will help anytime you need and i never have Anda on Anon unless i am in the moors.

So feel free to inspect me and ask questions. I have been playing my mini for 3 years but still learn new things about what i can do with her. And feel free to teach me stuff i am open to learning.
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

No-one has posted in here for a while so i thought i would put up some helpful hints for those leveling a Mini.

There are 2 ways to bring up a mini and both ways are useful in different situations.

First there is your healing mini and i find the light armour is best for this type and the build is geared towards fate and will. When you get your legendary items you go for the healing legacies like Healing and Motivational Skills, Bolster Courage, Inspire Fellows, Healing Power cost, Raise the spirit healing, Healing Threat. These were what i looked for when deciding what weapon /book i would keep. There is also the cool down legacies like Chord of Salvation CD and Triumphant Spirit CD. I got the ideas for what i would like from http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Legendary_Items_Guide#Minstrel this site is lists all the legacies.

The second type is a dps Mini who wears Medium armour and goes for all the dps traits and uses the warriors skald. With this type of mini you go for the might, fate and will build with vitality also.

To have both avaliable you need to have 2 types of armour, books and weapons. Its a lot of work to gear both up and at lvl 50 ish i stopped following the warrior build.

Ok i hope this helps gotta run any questions just ask.
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

With all the new people joining kin and asking so many questions it reminded me we have not put in here what stats are best for the mini. The 2 obvious stats are Fate and Will and then Vitality. Now what do these stats mean and how do they help. Keep in mind with this build your dps is tactical.

Well i dont know yes i do Happy.

Fate

Fate increases your In-Combat Power Regeneration and In-Combat Morale Regeneration. Fate also increases the chance and magnitude of Criticals on Tactical skills (healing and damage spells).

1 point of Fate = 2 points of Tactical Critical Rating
1 point of Fate = 1.5 points of In-Combat Morale Regeneration
Fate increases your In-Combat Power Regeneration according to this equation:
In-Combat Power Regeneration increase due to Fate = 30 * SQRT(Fate)
For a current value of Fate, the next point of Fate will provide 15/SQRT(Fate) point of In-Combat Power Regeneration

Will

Will increases your maximum power pool, your Out-of-Combat Power Regeneration, and how much you resist Fear effects, including cowering from Dread. It also contributes to increases in your Outgoing Healing Rating and Tactical Offence Rating.

Will increases your Tactical Offence Rating. The amount depends on your class:
Minstrel, Lore-master and Rune-keeper: 1 point of Will = 10 point increase in Tactical Offence Rating
Warden: 1 point of Will = 4 point increase in Tactical Offence Rating
Other: 1 point of Will = 1 point increase in Tactical Offence Rating
1 point of Will = 3 point increase in maximum Power
1 point of Will = 2 point increase in Fear Resistance rating
1 point of Will = 12 points increase in Out-of-Combat Power Regeneration.
Will also increases your Outgoing Healing Rating. The amount depends on your class:
Captain, Minstrel, Lore-master and Rune-keeper: 1 point of Will = 10 point increase in Outgoing Healing Rating
Warden: 1 point of Will = 4 point increase in Outgoing Healing Rating
Other: 1 point of Will = 1 point increase in Outgoing Healing Rating

Vitality

Vitality increases your maximum morale, your Out-of-Combat Morale Regeneration, resistances to Wound, Disease and Poison effects. It also reduces incoming damage from non-weapon sources like Fire, Frost, Lightning, Acid and Shadow.

Vitality increases your Morale. The amount depends on your class:
Guardian and Warden: 1 point of Vitality = 5 point increase in maximum Morale
Other: 1 point of Vitality = 3 point increase in maximum Morale
1 point of Vitality = 2 point increase in Wound, Disease and Poison resist ratings.
1 point of Vitality = 1 point increase in Fire, Frost, Shadow, Lightning and Acid Mitigation.
1 point of Vitality = 7.2 points increase in Out-of-Combat Morale Regeneration.

Hope this helps. Happy
Puddles404
Esquire

Not to add more confusion, but didn't the DD for RIsengard say they were generecising and re-arranging stats further than they are now?

Yes Bori they have decided not to cap the stats. Meaning you can go for a complete Fate build or Whatever you want but i feel you will still have to keep your stats pretty balanced. For a mini it is Fate, Will and Vit no matter what the cap is.

My major concern is diminishing returns are they going to change the formula so more of a stat will be beneficial. If they dont will it be worth having fate at 800? I dont know and the math for that stuff gives me a headache.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern Cross Forum Index -> Minstrel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: