View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elassar_SC
Esquire

re: Raid builds and tips for OD

Hey there everyone.

As most of you may be aware, the new OD T2 Challenge runs are essentially DPS races for all of the wings. In order to help us get it down, I thought we could compile some notes for each class that would assist us in maximising our dps and general raid builds for OD. The intention is for this to grow, so if something is missing, feel free to respond and I will update as needed. I am hoping this can thread can be used by everyone to help better their characters.

While each wing is different, they all share a number of tactics required to win: Debuffs, Party buffs, Maxmise incoming healing and defences and maximise dps.

All classes
- Incoming healing is very useful in OD. There are lots of adds in all the fights and there is a good chance that you will get agro at some point and adding to this will allow the healers in the group to spend less time healing you and more time on the tanks.
- For Ranged and tactical dps classes, we should try and get our Ranged/Tactical Offence rating around 9-10k. This stat increases the amount of damage we put out. Example, at 9.6k we are increasing our dps by almost 37% (at 8k it is about 24%). There are settings for our weapons that add to this stat as well as various bits of other gear. Agility also adds to this for ranged and will for tactical.
- Ranged/Tactical Crit is also good. While it does cap at 15%, it continues to increase your chance of a devastate crit.
- We can use destiny points to purchase dps buffs. You can also get tomes from the LOTRO store that also add 5% to dps.

Hunter
A hunter's main role in OD is DPS. As such we should trait and gear to maximise these benefits over others (ie. we don't need 6.5k+ morale).
- Try and keep your Agility just over 600. We don’t need to max it to 650 as we should be getting the captains IDOME buff that will raise it to 650 for us.
- I would trait 3R 4B. This will reduce our inductions, to get more attacks off, while still getting a decent damage increase from the 3 red.
- I would probably suggest staying in strength stance, but I haven’t done any tests in Precision with recently to compare the difference. Would anyone like to contribute to this? I might go do some tests.
- I would recommend using a full set of helegrod for maximum dps.
- Make sure you use Needful Haste and Burn Hot whenever they are available.
- I am still working on an optimal skill rotation, but your main dps skills will be Swift Bow, Penetrating Shot and Blood Arrow. In between these, barbed arrow whenever it is free as well as Quick shot and Rain of Arrows. Helegrod Armor may change your rotation as it has decreased cool downs on 2 of our main dps skills.
- Legacies. Obviously crit multipliers for induction/focus are good. Quick shot crit rating is ok. Burn hot increase damage and Barbed arrow bleed are good.
- We can use pots that increase devastate magnitude for a short time - Supreme Potions of Focus (or named similar)

Captains
We do a bit of everything. Buff, heal, rez and dps.
- At least 4 pieces of Helegrod armor is great here. Combined with our Rallying cry cool down, we can trigger ralling cry every 6 seconds.
- Legacies. On our emblem rallying cry cool down and healing from strength of will are musts. Also add Healing from Rallying cry and Vocal skills healing and if you are lucky enough to have a 5th primary add Melee Skills Healing. On our weapon we want To Arms duration, Telling Mark Damage and Pressing attack crit rating. I would then look at adding Maximum Targets Pressing Attack,Devastating attack crit rating or Blade of Elendil damage. Also it useful to have a buffing weapon that has your buffs on iit such as Tactics Relentless attacks crit buff.
- Crit is king to a cappy and Max Targets Pressing Attack along with Pressing Attack Crit means more chances to get that rallying cry off
- Make sure we trait Leader of Men. We will still be able to do ok support healing, but now the entire party will benefit from our shield brother skills, but with a reduced effect.
- Make sure we keep strength of will and IDOME up all the time. Use War-Cry whenever it’s off and it is available. Keep Telling Mark on targeted boss at all times. And use To Arms whenever it’s up and we are on bosses.
- You need to be flexible enough to drop Banner of War when it is needed for the extra dps and Banner of Hope when dps is not an issue.

If anyone would like to add tips for other classes or would like to change anything I have added then add on to this thread and I will update.

Last edited by Elassar_SC on 2011/05/10 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Isofir
Officer
Sergeant of the Guard

re: Re: Raid builds and tips for OD

Elassar_SC wrote:
On our weapon we want To Arms duration, Telling Mark Damage, Tactics Relentless attacks crit buff are musts. I would then look at adding either Pressing attack crit rating, Devastating attack crit rating or Blade of Elendil damage.

Captains dont generally keep Tactics Relentless Attacks crit buff on their weapons they use in combat, it should be on their buff weapon only. I find Maximum Targets Pressing Attack much more useful. Crit is king to a cappy and Max Targets Pressing Attack along with Pressing Attack Crit means more chances to get that rallying cry off
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

This is excellent El thank you. when its not so late i will put 1 together for minis. I like the way you have put in your hunter rotation that is really useful. thanks again
Elassar_SC
Esquire

Thanks Iso. You are right about the buffs. I forgot to mention having a buff weapon, I was mentioning legacies in general that you will want to have somewhere. But i will update with your comments.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern Cross Forum Index -> Raid Info All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: