View previous topic :: View next topic  
PopUpBoy
Officer
Esquire

re: OD Wound Wing Tier 1

Wound Wing
Disclaimer 1: This is not meant to be a final official guide/walkthrough - just an idea of how we we have done this wing so far for Tier 1. Hopefully it is helpful for those that havent been in there b4.
Disclaimer 2: Reading this will not necessarily mitigate huge repair bills

Background
Starts with a gauntlet for Phase 1. 3 corridors, 3 elephants following you. Along the way you pull levers that open up gates for one of the other groups. When a group finishes their corridor they go to a small room and the elephant becomes active. When u do enuff dps, elephant breaks wall into larger room where we join together and kill the 3 elephants and waves of mobs.

Setup
Setup 3 raid groups of 4. Left group will be first to get out of gauntlet, but they need some good dps to make sure gates for others are open before elephants one shot the other groups. Middle group is last out of the gauntlet and has the easiest #mobs to deal with. Suggest captains in left and right groups, a "tank" in each group (champ as tank for left group good 4 dps). Minis can go warspeech for the gauntlet, but will need to get out of warspeech at last gate (before the small room). Rk might be good in left group (using do not fall to wound) for dps, lms in other groups.

Phase 1 Gauntlet
Target mark elephants. Choose one as dps target for final room. Choose 6 people to stand on pads (suggest healers and tanks). Leave one person off pad until rdy. 2 main dps in each group push up against gate. Last person steps on pad and the gates will open and the gauntlet starts and the elephants start to stalk u. The number of mobs in the corridor and where they appear varies between the 3 corridors but these are the types you will get and some tips:

wights - drop poison pools, get out if u can, but no biggy for melees (not to bad, pretty easy to kill)
pair of wolves (do not remove corruptions they are quicker to kill if you don't) - they put wounds on you which hopefully will go mainly on the tank (one looks like an eye with a red iris - get that as quick as you can)
renewar - as soon as he is in combat he will get a corruption, remove it immediately (it shouldn't come back), otherwise he (and nearby adds) does a lot of damage. You will want to kill this one quickly so kill him first if with another add - suggest oathbreakers to arms, etc
stalwart - not that bad nothing too special that i can remember

basic strat - kill mobs to get to lever, kill mobs that spawn after pulling lever, get to next gate/lever as quick as possible. in general take mobs as far down corridor as the gates allow u to. u may want to take some of the spawned mobs to the next lever (depends for each corridor and dpsing). We assigned one person to do levers - usually the tank so they could tank near lever and let dps do their thing. When u get to next gate push against it so that u get thru as soon as the other group pulls the lever.

Phase 2 Holding Rooms
At the end of each of the corridors is a small holding room containing a stalwart and a wight. When u get here make sure u get all the way in so that the elephant doesnt hit u and kill u b4 he becomes active (he becomes active just as he enters). Tank grabs elephant and turns him from group. Others get to opposite back corner and dps stalwart and then wight. Then dps elephant. Elephant does 180 degree frontal aoe wound. Hopefully with good positioning only the tanks will get this. When enough dps has been done on the elephant they will become inactive and break through the wall into the final room and we all fight together again.

Phase 3 Final Room
Basic strat: As each elephant drops 20k morale a wave of mobs will come out. This will happen 3 times for each elephant. Safest option for Tier 1 is to burn one elephant down 20k, kill mobs, burn same elephant down 20k, kill mobs, burn 20 k again, kill mobs, kill elephant. Repeat for other 2 elephants.

Suggest no dps on elephants in final room until tanks settled and group healed up from gauntlet. Raid leader re-arrange groups to 2 groups of 6. Tank with dps target takes elephant to top right hand corner with elephant turned away from centre of room. Other tank grabs 2 elephants in bottom half of room and tanks/kites as needed. Dps group goes to top middle of room near the top of the long strip of carpet (where the main adds will spawn). Healers position near dps where they can reach tanks. Lm's hopefully only need to worry about tank wounds.

Mobs in here include:
wights (as above) - but they also sacrifice themselves to give morale to elephants. This is not a major problem for Tier 1 just makes things a bit slower. They tend to target healers so we had a champ chase em down. They spawn from outside edges (I think). They also drop fear puddles (or mabe this is from stalwarts)
stalwarts (as above)
renewars (as above) - get his corruption quick
warden - he has a corruption that makes him and nearby adds take less damage - remove quick

take dps elephant down 20k
1st wave of mobs - 1 renewar, some wights and stalwarts.
The renewar will spawn at top of red carpet right next to dps group. remove corruption and kill quick. Champ can go round up adds as needed (same with other phases). When renewar dead, kill wights and then stalwarts then when rdy (healup if necessary) take dps elephant down another 20k (may be more than this if wights sacrificed).
2nd wave of mobs - 1 warden, some wights and stalwarts.
Warden will spawn next to gate near top of red carpet. Remove corruption, and kill quick (we were interupting something at start too but not sure what that was). Kill wights and the stalwarts then when rdy (healup if necessary) take dps elephant down another 20k.
3rd wave - 1 warden, 2 renewars, wights and stalwarts
warden and renewar spwan in same spots as above. Need to get both of these corruptions. Have one person get warden corruption rest on 1st renewar except.....2nd renewar spawns near the bottom of the carpet. We had a cappy go get him and his corruption. kill 1st renewar, then warden, 2nd renewar, wights and then stalwarts. Kill elephant.
Repeat for next elephant. The free guard can now tank, grab adds for the next waves of mobs, which are the same as above.
Repeat for last elephant.

Cheer.

Loot.

Please forgive my horrible typing and my shocking memory. If anyone sees something I forgot or should be added please do so. This is still a work in progress, as we get better we will find better strats and get it done faster. Mabe we can do two elephants at once? Or mabe we can keep some dps on elephant during each wave of mobs? Love this wing. Can't wait to try Tier 2.
Brumnly
Master Guardsman

This is a good write up Mag, only thing i want to add is dps 1 elephant at a time, if u dps others u get mobs from them too, all though i think when in T2 and going for HM which is do the wing under 6 min., we'll have to take 2 elephants at a time or all 3.

PopUpBoy
Officer
Esquire

re: re: Wound Wing

Thanks for picking that up Brum. I meant to put that in, but I was so tired when I finished I must have forgot it.
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

Fantastic Mag great job thank you for doing this for us. i will read again when not so tired but i am impressed. On my first time in there it seemed to me everything you were telling me was going in 1 ear and out the other but reading this i actually retained more than i thought.

Thanks great job. hugs Andi Happy
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern Cross Forum Index -> Raid Info All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: