View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kogadan

re: things to think about before officer meeting

a small note after finishing this post: yes this is a book, and i do recommend that you read it all. as you read i do not mean anything to be taken personal as nothing here is meant to be thing to think about and areas i have noticed that need improvement.

So there has been much confusion and conflict around BG runs, specifically around the HM run. Due to this I had a long chat with TG on sunday evening, and what came out of that discussion was that those in charge of selecting the HM group players have found that there are around 18-20 members of the kin who are truly HM ready (in terms of gear, skill, experience, and attitudes) atm and will be included in some sort of rotation into the HM group where each of us in that group will have to be sitting out some due to there being too many to go into one run.

Now tonight I talked with TG again and now everything has changed. apparently someone pointed out that 120 or 130 rad is enough to do BG HM for bosses 1 and 2 (wait look on the forums and you will see Ulborn and myself have stated this many times) and we are now going to make both runs as HM runs and have just one ladder.
TG also stated that they now realize that we have more HM ready people in the kin then they had thought.

So TG told me the plan will be to do 8 of the experienced HM players with 4 of the newer players for one run, and the other run will be a more even mix but the reps from the EM run will be those who have shown to be at the top end in the EM runs we have done. Now we are more experienced with BG HM now then we were before the holidays when we took some time off, but to me these group setups sound a lot like that mix we had when it was just wipe fests and led to having 2 runs, a HM run and a EM run that is to train people to be ready for HM.

Now I have been in many BG runs before the change, have been in the HM group, and also have been in each of the EM runs we have had since the change, so i feel i have a lot of perspective on where we stand in terms of readiness for BG. From this I am going to post a bunch of points that should be though about before the officer meeting this weekend when the BG runs will obviously be one of the topics of high interest to many of the kin. after a few points I will post some ideas that seem to make more sense then moving right into two HM runs.

1) currently the EM group has had 3-4 representatives from those on the HM ladder each run, and we have not yet had a clean durchest kill (we have had 3 or 4 deaths in each run), and have yet to kill the twins easy mode. Now there have been many factors in this, but the most prevalent one has been with respect to the healing, most of the healers in the kin are not truly BG ready when you combine gear, LIs, and experience. if we are unable to keep tanks and others up in an EM kill, how will we keep them up as more adds die, durchest starts hitting harder (he does slightly harder after each add dies), we have more dread (means less morale and do less dmg to him ect). Now mising in the healers who are ready from the HM group will help with this, but from my experiences w/ GA in BG from before we had merged when we had this same issues w/ the healers from the dragon side of the kin, it just isnt enough to consistently pull through the HM Kill. for twins the issue has not just been in the healing but a large part has been not having a hunter who is fully ready to tank the shadow boss. now I personally think Cuths hunter on the last run was geared well enough but the healz did not keep him up. He has improved since then, so i'm sure he is ready now, but will the healers we have had be enough to keep him up for HM once dread comes into play?

2) the HM group has found that they can get to the Lt quick enough to not need to split the run into multi nights, but what is going to happen as we start to mix and match from the groups? things will slow down, people in the Lt group will be sitting around waiting for twins to die on the sat run to switch group up to move up to the Lt, or we will have to make it a different night.

3) those members who are not as experienced and or geared as well as the HM group have not been getting enough feedback via forums of skills, LI, gear, virtues that are a must have for raiding in the class. there has been some mention about mini LI's that are lacking, and the hunters in kin chat have done some discussion about what they need to work on to be able to tank the shadow twin, sniff posted some about the LM. Now its been on my last since snoopy asked me to to put this together for the burgs, but the main burgs who are raiding atm are ready and do not need this so I have slacked some on getting it done. This type of mentoring is one that will be most beneficial to fast improvement of the less experienced raiders. For example the RK's need to ensue that they have specific LI's for healing if they will be the healer in BG (i can not off the top of my head say them all as i have had them on my RK for a long time and have not thought about them, but there are 3 must haves on your weapon +healing + healing over time, and - healing power costs, and a few on the bag that i do not recall, and these sould be something that is checked before an RK comes as healer for BG HM, and other classes will have similar must haves to be raiding in the end game). we need those who have been placed as mentors for each class to make this type of information available, or if they are not getting it done we need someone who is using each class for BG HM to take this spot over so the newer raiders have someone to look to on how to improve there toons. Player skills is the best thing to improve, but that come over time, and you will see a big improvement in very little time by just getting the proper gear.

4) the current system does exclude too many people who are ready for HM, but atm i do not feel that we have the correct mix of players who are BG HM ready for each class spot that is needed to have 2 runs. what i propose to do below will keep ore of us running BG weekly, maybe not all HM, but will be the best way i see to get the kin to a spot where we can be doing two BG HM runs a week.

ok, i could probably keep going on here with more things, but this is getting long and i'd like to post what i personally will best suit this kin currently in terms of moving forward BG and in general with the overall raiding ability of the kin.

I personally think that the Friday night run sould become the HM run for durchest and Twins. We can rotate more people in for this run then the current BG run because this run will not be looking to move up to the LT. This will allow more people to get into the HM run and start learning the HM run. it sould start with 10 of the normal HM group and maybe 2 new people each week over the next month lets say. over this time, we sould have 2 runs on sat. The main run will be the select group from the current HM group who are working on the Lt HM and we do not want much variation in this group until we have him down and know we know the fight, and at that time we will start having people rotated into the Lt run. The second run will be for the time being a BG EM run with the focus on getting people experience in the run, experience in playing there class in a raiding situation, letting players adjust their gear and such to fit the roles they need to fill (with advise from those who already have their toons essentially as good as they can be). We also must remember that other than BG atm their is nearly no content that is true raid training as all other content has been out leveled and those that scale are not on the same level as BG.

Now over the next month or so the hope would be that two things happen. the first is those in the EM run who currently are not truly raid ready get the experience they need (be it gear, practice, skills that will only come by raiding or whatever) so that we are truthfully ready to be ruining two BG HM runs. The second id that SC has killed Lt HM more than once and is able to start rotating others in to this part of the run.

At this point the plan would be to have say Friday night the main HM run that will then progress up to the Lt and hopefully be killing him (i suggest it be done on Friday encase he is not downed that we also have sat night to try it again). we would then turn the Saturday run into a HM run for at least bosses 1 and 2, and as time goes on and more of us know the Lt fight hopefully be able to start attempting the Lt HM with both runs.

Well.. i think this is enough to think about before Saturday when I'm sure the direction for the kin and raiding BG will be of large interest in the meeting. feel free to add any other comments of things mentioned or not mentioned so that the officers have a chance to see this and your comments before the meeting as if all of this was plopped on there lap at the meeting, it would take forever to say, and two there would be no time to think to make such decisions (something that sould be thought about somewhat before making quick rash decisions that will cause conflicts in the kin and likely quickly need to be modified, something that has been happening with BG recently)

thanks for reading Happy

Koga

Very thorough post with some great points.

One thing I'd like to see is some very specific advice on class gear/performance from the HM team. As in, what should a Captain do/have? What should a Hunter? and etc. I'd love to see a BG prep sheet for each class in our class forums.

Just to let you guys know Drizzle and i have put up a post regarding Mini's and what is needed in BG so some of us doing it.
Narnian

Yay Andi!

Esquire

Also we can not forget that the kin is not just about HM Bg or raiding. People tend to forget that we have lowbies and people who are brand new to this game through FTP and we must be vigilant to their needs and wants if we wish to keep us strong and with the numbers needed to do end game content. I've seen several times where a newbie asked for help and was ignored for a while untill some one finaly stepped up. This also in includes getting people geared up to face the end game stuff. (although with rad going away soon those needs will change.)

Great point Dolman.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern Cross Forum Index -> Raid Info All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: