View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad Sniffle
Esquire

re: The BG Loremaster

Greetings fellow Master of Lore!

If your reading this than you want to participate in the nastiest instance in the game! Barad Guldur!

Well just like any raid, a LM is essential for power, debuffing and mezzing, therefore you must be traited correctly to sort the raids needs.

To begin with, BG has some of the hardest hitting mobs in the game, if you don't believe me, wait till you see a 10k morale tank get 2 shotted by the first boss, then come talk wink

Therefore LM debuffing is essential to keep the bosses dps in order.

The way that we do this is we get our LMs to trait 5 yellow with the capstone legendary: Force of Will.

By doing so, most of your debuffs will last 1 full minute, with a minute or less cooldown, meaning the bosses can be debuffed for the entire fight.

The debuffs most important are: Fire lore (This is the most important debuff for bosses 1 and 3, to decrease melee dps by 30%),

Sign of Power: Command (To increase attack duration, mening boss is hitting less, meaning easier for your healers)

Sign of Power: See all Ends (By traiting 5 yellow, you decrease the enemies crit chance by 2000, meaning hardly anymore 6k crits from the first boss)

Ancient Craft (may not seem like a debuff since most LMs just save it for Lightning Storm, however, by using it you are decreasing the enemies armour by 1700, meaning your raid is going to hit harder on them, meaning the fight will go quicker)

and lastly for the second boss, which is all tactial dps, Frost Lore (Everyone who likes decreased tactical dps say yay!)

Along with your 5 yellow traits, you have two class trait slots left open.

One of these should be the Healer trait, from the Keeper of Animals trait line (Blue). This skill decreases the amount of power it costs to give power to another person, making your power last longer and go further.

Now that leaves one last slot...now usually this slot would be filled by your incombat wound removal. However, stop right there. There are no wounds in BG, none at all, zippo. So don't even bother traiting for it.

Instead, I reccomend actually traiting the Master of the Staff trait from the Master of Nature's Fury trait line (red). This increases your morale by 5%, therefore, saying most LMs have 5k morale unbuffed, thats another 250 morale on top of that, not to mention even more when buffed. This may not seem like a lot of extra morale, but all of it counts when you are constantly being hit for around 2.5k in fights such as the Twins.

Well that about covers debuffing and the traits, I know I haven't gone too deep into the 5 yellow traits needed, Ill add that soon but until then, Hope this helps!

Sniffle (Masuga)
Andismak
Leader
High Warden

re: The BG Loremaster

thanks Sniff it helps me with my baby lm
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Southern Cross Forum Index -> Loremaster All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: